VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm editing a bootleg DVD and received this video but so far after dozens of attempts I can't make the video works fine. First it wouldn't play correctly, so I demuxed it and remuxed into MP4 container again. It had the strange artifacts gone, but continued slow. I thought my processor wasn't performing well so I resized it to 864 x 480, but it continued with the slow-motion thing. I also tried to resample the fps to a higher value but also didn't work.

i thought i could share with you and maybe someone can help me.

here's the link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/353025570/HDV_0080.MP4.html

thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Asking for help with project material that you define as illegal is, um, oh yeah--stupid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. this is NOT illegal since the band allows their fans to tape or record their concerts.

More on this here: http://dreamtheaterhub.com/index.php?action=globalAnnouncements;id=3
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can you post an unprocessed sample? It's hard to figure out if you've already done something to it like resize, or deinterlace

What are you trying to do? Just play it? or do something else?
    Quote Quote  
  5. oh, this is the "unprocessed" one: i received this as it is.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'd like to try and help out, but there are no download slots at rapidshare... I'll try again later or maybe someone else can download it

Again, clarify what you are trying to do (play it, edit it, youtube, put it on a dvd etc....)
    Quote Quote  
  7. i'm trying to make it usable to me. i have other ~10 video sources to multi-track into a DVD but as it is i can't work it with sony vegas
    i'm not sure if it's just my PC or in fact the video is faulty.
    Quote Quote  
  8. so you're trying to import it into vegas, and eventually make a DVD ?

do you have quicktime installed ? vegas sometimes needs it for .mp4

can you open the file in mediainfo (view=>text) and copy & paste the info back here?
    Quote Quote  
  9. General
    Complete name : C:\Users\user\Desktop\Praha\vasiliv\HDV_0080.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : JVT
    Codec ID : avc1
    File size : 84.5 MiB
    Duration : 41s 472ms
    Overall bit rate : 17.1 Mbps
    @sec : UNG

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 41s 200ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 0
    Maximum bit rate : 0
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 3.161
    Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Stream size : 83.6 MiB (99%)
    Title : SAMSUNG AVC
    Language : English

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : No
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 41s 472ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Stream size : 648 KiB (1%)
    Title : SAMSUNG AAC
    Language : English
    Quote Quote  
  10. and yes, i have all needed plugins and softwares (i guess :P)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does it open in vegas?

Your computer is probably too slow to handle 1080i AVC content.

I haven't downloaded the video yet, but the "strange" artifacts you were referring to are probably interlacing I'm guessing

Many people would encode to a digital intermediate like cineform for editing. (e.g. neoscene) , which is easier on the cpu, but takes more HDD space
    Quote Quote  
  12. vegas open it but is slow. what bugs me is that other 1080i AVC files i can open normally...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Try re-wrapping it into a transport stream (.m2ts) with tsmuxer
    Quote Quote  
  14. with tsmuxer it hasn't any lag, but the image appears pixelated. i'm gonna try neoscene now.
    Quote Quote  
  15. well, i tryed different solutions trought the week but none worked. has anybody downloaded the file and saw if it run ok?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded the file. Not sure exactly what was wrong, but it seems to be fixed by remuxing. I demuxed as raw streams with mp4box and then remuxed with mp4creator with optimize.

Download here. Think it should work for you now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. but does it run smooth in your pc? here it doesn't show most of the frames. i tried to resize it to 720p but it doesn't work. i'm almost giving up...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Nope, the original file is fine. It 1080i50

If you are "missing frames" it suggests that your computer is too slow to process it in realtime

Here is the sample, bob-deinterlaced (so 50p with 2x the frames instead of 25p), resized to SD and encoded with xvid, with the AAC audio copied
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Nope, the original file is fine. It 1080i50

If you are "missing frames" it suggests that your computer is too slow to process it in realtime
    That's odd. I couldn't get it to play in MPC-HC (green screen with only sound) and I got basically the same thing trying to open in Virtualdub through ffmpegsource2. Extracting the streams and remuxing allowed it to play fine in MPC-HC. I muxed it at 25fps though, so I must have done it wrong anyways.

update: yeah, a/v is way out of sync. Should have muxed at 50. Still why would original show green screen while remuxed play clearly? (Original upload is fixed now with 50fps framerate, plays fine now on my machine).
    Last edited by txporter; 28th Feb 2010 at 10:41.
    Quote Quote  
  20. It will depend on your system directshow filter setup to determine whether or not you can play it. For example, I'm using Mainconcept's mp4 splitter. Also Vegas 9's splitter uses Mainconcept's splitter so it works in Vegas too. But, mpchc's internal mp4 splitter doesn't work with interlaced avc in .mp4 container
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It will depend on your system directshow filter setup to determine whether or not you can play it. For example, I'm using Mainconcept's mp4 splitter. Also Vegas 9's splitter uses Mainconcept's splitter so it works in Vegas too. But, mpchc's internal mp4 splitter doesn't work with interlaced avc in .mp4 container
    But it worked fine with a simple remux. It's odd.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by txporter View Post
    But it worked fine with a simple remux. It's odd.
    Yes, but if you re-read the 1st post, he tried re-wrapping the .mp4 container already, and his primary complaint was "too slow" or missing frames. So that suggests that his system is too slow to keep up. He even says it works fine in vegas but is "too slow"

Some splitters will give you pixellation with the original file (e.g. VLC's non direct show splitter seems to) , but some splitters work fine with the original file. So it really depends on what filters you have setup if you are using directshow to decode
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Nope, the original file is fine. It 1080i50

Here is the sample, bob-deinterlaced (so 50p with 2x the frames instead of 25p), resized to SD and encoded with xvid, with the AAC audio copied
    this worked absolutely perfect in my pc... well, maybe not perfect because the image seems somewhat speedy but it is what i wanted. did you use avisynth?
    how can i copy the settings?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  24. the image seems somewhat speedy but it is what i wanted
    speedy?

Well you could single rate deinterlace to 25p , but that throws out half the frames (more choppy playback, not from slow CPU, but because it's 1/2 the frame rate an 1/2 the frames). I included an example below

Yes you can use avisynth to convert to something else for vegas

You should be able to convert to 720p50 and encode with UT Video Codec (set up the options for faster decoding and threads match your CPU), and you should be able to edit it in vegas (dual might be a bit too slow, you might need a quad core)

This example of code below would be for 720p50, the audio is included in the script, so I would encode to wave for import into vegas. If you wanted 720p25, change to mode=0. If you wanted another dimension, just change the LancosResize line. If you want , you can use a higher quality deinterlacer (I used yadif because it's faster, mediocre quality)

Code:
    Load_Stdcall_Plugin("PATH\yadif.dll")
    FFMpegSource2("HDV_0080.MP4",atrack=-1)
    Yadif(mode=1,order=1)
    LanczosResize(1280,720)
    Cheers
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by txporter View Post
    update: yeah, a/v is way out of sync. Should have muxed at 50. Still why would original show green screen while remuxed play clearly? (Original upload is fixed now with 50fps framerate, plays fine now on my machine).
    I'm not sure. There are slight differences between .mp4 containers and how splitter handle them. For example using mp4box's default settings will give you different results than mp4muxer. mp4muxer seems to create files more compatible with Quicktime.

.mp4 container is problematic for interlaced AVC IMO, the majority of splitters and software have issues with it
    Quote Quote