VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. You know how Vegas typically displays frames from the video on the timeline within the track itself so you can visually see what's happening at any given point? Well, since I'm often dealing with clips of up to 15 minutes, it often only displays three frames for the entire project (near the beginning, middle, and end), and if I zoom in on the timeline, it often shows nothing at all.

Is there anyway I can increase the amount of frames displayed on the timeline?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The display of frames on the Vegas timeline is scaled to match the level of zoom. If you zoom out, you get fewer frames, if you zoom in, you see a lot more. You can zoom down to where you see every frame on the time line, and you can zoom beyond this to a point where you may see a lot of empty space around the frames. This is useful for timing audio cuts and mixing, but not much good for video as you cannot cut on less than a frame. If you are getting down to this point then you have zoomed too far. I use the mouse wheel to zoom in steps to the level I need at the time.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Guns1inger--I don't think I'm zooming in that far though. I mean, I can zoom in enough so that there are no images on the timeline, but it covers a 3 minute span, which is quite a bit. So there's no way around that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is for Vegas Pro 8, but I suspect it holds for all.

Click on Options -> Preferences -> Video (tab)

Look for the option Thumbnails to show in video events :

I suspect that yours is set to Head, Center, Tail

Set it to All and click OK
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Woo, there we go! Thanks man!
    Quote Quote