VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kSja_NTvSQ I asked the uploader of the video how, but he didn't reply back, so I'm guessing it's not his video. How do I do this? What program would I use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For starters, I believe it was filmed with a tripod and the shake added (badly) after the fact.

If you download the MP4 version from youtube and go through it frame by frame you will notice a few things of interest.

1. When he jumps off the roof, the jump looks like he is jumping of a low wall
    2. As he goes over the edge, there is a definite halo around parts of his lower body (f 348 - 352)
    3. There is a glitch in the mask edge across the top of the building (f 349) to the right of his body. so the whole standing on the roof jumping off thing has been put in later
    4. His body doesn't move from at all from 349 - 356. It looks like a still image is used here
    5. His body remains rigid but tilts forward from 357 - 362. Easily done if this is an image on a plane, just tilt the plane.
    6. At 363 the image morphs quickly into a new still that holds until 370 then changes into what could be either stills or footage taken from slightly overhead, then composed in
    7. The changeover happens at f 380. Major motion blur added to hide the switch of the body and to hand held
    8. The rest is just straight filming.

In short, careful planning and after effects.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote