VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love to make screen caps of videos to put on dvd using avstodvd. I use frameshots to do the screen caps. But for some reason frameshots will not accept mkv videos to do screen caps. Other types videos it opens without a issue like avi. I not sure if i tried to make mkvs screen caps back then on vista. Frameshots owner who i wrote to saids to install cccp codec pack. I know all about codec packs how they can mess up the computer. The mkvs i got play great using vlc media player. I have codec packs installed i never use them. Does anyone have any info that may help me out? I was gonna convert them to mpeg to make screen caps. But that would be a pain. I am using windows 7 I was not sure where to post this so if its in the wrong place a mod can move it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Take the screenshot directly in vlc?

Does the mkv play in windows media player? If not then will frameshots not work. You basically just need ffdshow to play mkvs. No codec packs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try to make screen caps with vlc but it makes them to small and plus it would take me a long time to make screen caps from one video. I plays great in windows media player. I do have ffdshow installed from something else.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tested other programs to make screen caps they do say they open mkvs but they didnt work. So i am gonna use vlc to make screen caps for mkv videos.
    Quote Quote