VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off I am sorry if this is a duplicate, I searched and could not find any information so here is my question/problem. All of a sudden DIVX movies are starting to freeze. I am not talking about 1 or 2 bad movies, I am talking about all DIVX movies and they play on my Toshiba D-R400 which is usually more touchy then the Phillips. Is there an update I need to do? And this is all of a sudden, it has worked for the most part flawlessy and would only freeze up every 10-15 movies or so and it was usually due to a bad download. From my research I learned that the cause for a DIVX to freeze up during playback can be pausing the download so that is what I attributed it to and would just download teh movie again without pausing it. That always fixed the problem. Well anyway I am very frustrated and looking for some help.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your player could be going bad.

You could have problems with your media. The ONLY quality media available in the USA is Taiyo Yuden (you'll have to buy online) and Verbatim. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and consider burning at lower speeds such as 4x or 8x and not at the maximum.

One of these things could be in your files and the Toshiba is OK with it but the Philips is not.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you cleaned your laser in your player? Is this the same media for each disk?
    Quote Quote