VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

1) what is your export goal?

2) Master audio should be 5.1, because your source is 5.1 . The other settings only matter if you are mixing other tracks

3) how did you import the video? re-wrap into mp4?

4) what type is the audio? AC3? DTS?

5) from your other screenshot, it looks like you are importing mono channels individually, not a 5.1 single track. Is there a reason for that ? You might have to import audio separately e.g. mkvextractgui2, then import audio separately

6) You didn't answer the other question, but if your export goal was something like blu-ray, you need to use different settings (cropped size is not compatible, you need full frame letterboxed 1920x1080)
    1) 1280*720
    2) When i want to make a new sequence, in audio track i can't do it (Master audio should be 5.1)Quickly change to Stereo...!!!
    3) Yes
    4) Audio type is AAC
    5) i try with mkvextractgui2, i drag video only from MP4 and drag extract audio (AAC) too
    What do you mean exactly?
    6) 1280*720
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sheibani; 8th May 2012 at 15:37.
    Welcome to the Hotel California

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Sheibani View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

1) what is your export goal?

2) Master audio should be 5.1, because your source is 5.1 . The other settings only matter if you are mixing other tracks

3) how did you import the video? re-wrap into mp4?

4) what type is the audio? AC3? DTS?

5) from your other screenshot, it looks like you are importing mono channels individually, not a 5.1 single track. Is there a reason for that ? You might have to import audio separately e.g. mkvextractgui2, then import audio separately

6) You didn't answer the other question, but if your export goal was something like blu-ray, you need to use different settings (cropped size is not compatible, you need full frame letterboxed 1920x1080)
    1) 1280*720
    2) When i want to make a new sequence, in audio track i can't do it (Master audio should be 5.1)Quickly change to Stereo...!!!
    3) Yes
    4) Audio type is AAC
    5) i try with mkvextractgui2, i drag video only from MP4 and drag extract audio (AAC) too
    What do you mean exactly?
    6) 1280*720
    Thanks

1) Normally you would edit in the full resolution , then export in different formats should you want to, e.g. 1280x720 if you wanted to, or 1920x1080 because this gives you more options later. - You can always go down in quality and resolution, but if you start at 720p, going up will make low quality - so you limit your options later

Both these resolutions will be letterboxed (black bars) because your video is wider than 16:9 - It's 2.35:1 AR . Your source video is cropped (no black bars)

If you use 1280x720 sequence settings (like in your very first screenshot), clip will be automatically scaled down and letter boxed to fit. You can do it whatever way you want

2) Is this full registered version or trial version? There might be audio limitations in trial version. If you only need 1 audio track (you're not mixing audio or adding other audio tracks for your project), you can select it 1 main audio 5.1 track - this will be audio track #1 automatically - this will make work area neater and less cluttered

Name:  audio.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  11.3 KBName:  tracks.jpg
Views: 2397
Size:  6.0 KB

3,4,5 ) I don't know why , but your audio is imported as 6 separate tracks. It should be 1 - 5.1 track. It might be because you didn't set 5.1 master. If you import audio separately (demux audio to aac elementary stream) it might work better for you. I don't know why you have problems, maybe it's because MP4 import, you can try one of the other methods

6) see #1
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think the problem is the Clip, Audio isn't 5.1...
    I have 6 separate audio channels...
    Which master Audio track i should be chosen? Mono? Stereo or 5.1?.....

Name:  56092362700232710739.jpg
Views: 2242
Size:  26.9 KB

Audio Option:
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 1h 41mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 167 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 121 MiB (11%)

Quote Quote  
  4. It's 1 audio track, with 6 channels (AAC doesn't come as 6 separate AAC tracks - it's not like mono wavs)

For whatever reason, premiere is splitting them into separate tracks (saving you the work of splitting into mono wavs). Some people like this if you are doing audio work , because you have access to individual channels.

If you don't like it, you can convert to wav (e.g. audacity, foobar2000, eac3to), then import a single track, 6 channels

Eitherway, it should be setup for 5.1 - the only difference is if they are split, or together on 1 track

And if you don't want 5.1 audio, convert it to stereo in another program before importing. It will be faster
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you so much...

Quote Quote