VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,
    I use a Canopus AVDC 110 to capture an analog TV Source (RCA input). The canopus AVDC110, is a Firewire device.

I am looking for a software which will enable me to caputre continous video in DV, breaking them into clips of an designated duration such as 1 hour. There are TV programmable (Soft VCR) Software but they support TV Cards which use Video For Windows Drivers, and I havent been able to use them with Firewire Devices.

I then use the Saved AVI files and covert them into H.264 / MPEG4 using Canopus Procoder.

Any advice is much appreciated.

LasithG
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use WinDV for that and just set the clip length with it.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks redwudz for the post and the Welcome!. I will try that - it seems to be a very basic setup, where we dont have to set anything like the Capture Video Size (FrameSize-Resolution).

Will update once I try this.
    BR
    LasithG
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are capturing DV data as it is transferred from the ADVS unit, so you have little control over what comes in. The resolution, codec and data rate are set by the DV standard. To WinDV there is no difference between the ADVC unit and a DV camera transferring from tape. It does not see the analogue source at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ah thanks for the technical explanation guns1inger, that cleared a lot of doubts!.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you need info on how to use WinDV: http://windv.mourek.cz/
    There's a interactive screen shot down the page a bit there that explains the controls as you 'mouse over' them. There are other similar programs out there, but WinDV works very well.
    Quote Quote