VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-8-windows.next,9647.html

John Mangelaars, Regional VP of Consumer and Online at Microsoft EMEA, added in a separate interview, "[Apple is] doing well on the PC side but Windows 7 is a blockbuster. We got it really right. For me, Windows 8 will be mind-blowing."
    The minimum that folks can take for granted is that the next version will be something completely different from what folks usually expect of Windows - I am simply impressed with the process that Steven has setup to listen to our customers needs and wants and get a team together than can make it happen. To actually bring together dozens and dozens of teams across Microsoft to come up with a vision for Windows.next is a process that is surreal! The themes that have been floated truly reflect what people have been looking for years and it will change the way people think about PCs and the way they use them. It is the future of PCs...
    really? so Windows 8 will be something "completely different of what folks expect of Windows"? how many sarcastic, cynical comments can we come up to that comment?

"what people have been looking for years"? well then why the f**k didn't they do this years ago? is he basically admitting that microsoft ripped it's customers off with xp, vista and win 7? if Win 8 is the OS that finally brings us what we wanted all along then by logical extension none of the previous windows versions gave consumers what they wanted and thus microsoft must have been ripping us off.

it will be interesting to see what feeling that Win 8 (or Next or whatever the f**k they call it) will be a "cloud based" OS, microsoft has repeatedly made statements, through various mouth pieces, that they view the future of OSes as "the internet is the computer" and they have said they envisioned a world where all applications ran on their hardware, where we basically sat in front of a dumb terminal and accessed what we needed on their servers, paying for the apps via a subscription model (one vp had in fact mentioned that microsoft was considering offering the base OS for free, just a bare bones OS that could only connect to their computers and things would progress from there).

this is all speculation, but there's no question that microsoft is like the borg, they wish to assimilate all computer users so that we basically are beholden to them.

on the bright side, Win 8 may be the OS that finally makes me switch to linux full time, mandriva 2010 is really nice, as is vector, fedora, suse and pc-bsd, all i know is that if Win 8 does in fact turn out to be a "cloud" OS i have no intention of ever letting it on my hdd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vista was supposed to be revolutionary but most of the innovation was deleted to compensate for development delays. Win 7 was a make up for the incomplete. Expect the same for Windows 8 unless MSFT somehow reforms. They have bright people that can't perform. Some would say lazy or navel centered.

Apple was there but Jobs pulled them out. Google is showing early signs of micro rot.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its the same old crap ..... wait til next year..... next time its going to be different and better.......blah...blah...blah...

I quit listening to the hupla a long time ago .. Done
    Quote Quote