VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This probably doesn't fit in any forum but just wanted to pass this on. I have an LG lcd tv and the tv suddenly stopped responding to the remote. My son has a similar tv and the remote worked ok on his tv so we figured it was the infared remote on the front of the tv. After some serching on the net I came across a post and the person had the same issue, had replaced the IR on the tv and still no joy. He then was given this tip to fix it. Put a headphone jack into the 'remote in' hole on the back of the tv and the remote would work (you didn't have to leave it, just put it in and pull it out). I tried it and it worked!
    I thought this may have had something to do with cleaning a connection so I used compressed air to clean it out and pushed the jack in and out a couple of times. No issues since.

Am I right in thinking this cleaned a connection or would it have more to do with resetting a connection?

Just wanted to pass this on in case someone else had an issue with remotes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm betting it's a switched jack which disconnects the main remote sensor.

If you have a model number for the TV, maybe I can locate a service manual.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried using a dvd remote from one Apex dvd player on another Apex dvd player and one of the buttons kept changing the region codes among others things.
    Quote Quote