VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I am facing problem with my Sony HDD recorder, during coping family tapes from VCR. In some tapes recording will stop, showing copy protection signal message. Any solution?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably what's been called 'False Macrovision', where the recording device Macrovison protection warning has been triggered by noise or problems on the tape. It may be related to playback levels from the VCR. If you can still find one, a 'Macrovision remover' may be available for a low price, do a internet search. Otherwise, the use of a TBC (Time Base Corrector' is usually the best solution. $$$ Some VCRs, such as JVC, or others may have a built in TBC.

And this thread would be better in our DVD Recorder Forum. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    It's probably what's been called 'False Macrovision', where the recording device Macrovison protection warning has been triggered by noise or problems on the tape. It may be related to playback levels from the VCR. If you can still find one, a 'Macrovision remover' may be available for a low price, do a internet search. Otherwise, the use of a TBC (Time Base Corrector' is usually the best solution. $$$ Some VCRs, such as JVC, or others may have a built in TBC.
    My VCR is SAMSUNG. The menu does not have TBC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the false positive can be corrected with a tracking adjustment. Even if the visible part of the picture looks noise free, if the 'off the screen' top part of the picture has tracking noise, it will look like MacroVision to the recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
    Sometimes the false positive can be corrected with a tracking adjustment. Even if the visible part of the picture looks noise free, if the 'off the screen' top part of the picture has tracking noise, it will look like MacroVision to the recorder.
    Nothing is wrong with tracking. The signal from tape is very clear.
    Quote Quote