VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I followed MilOtis' fine guide to rip and shrink a blu ray disk to a DVD-DL. The BD Builder gave the following log:

------------
    [10:45:11] BD Rebuilder v0.31.06 (beta)
    - Source: THE_MINISTERS
    - Input BD size: 14.74 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:29:27.403]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    - Resuming from previously started job.
    [10:45:16] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [10:45:16] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    - FFDSHOW Revision: (2968)
    - FFDSHOW: VC-1 not set to wmv9
    - FFDSHOW: MPEG-2 is not set to libavcodec
    [10:45:17] - Failed video encode, aborted

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. In the BDRB bug report thread (342 pages and counting), on January 17th, jdobbs had this to say after a rash of "bug" report posts much like yours:

-----------

Don't use FFDSHOW X64. I have not tested it and cannot confirm it will work. Use the versions of software I have posted in the beginning of this thread. If you decide you know more than me and you want to use other versions of HAALI, AVIYSNTH, X264, and FFDSHOW -- great -- but you are completely on your own. Don't come back here posting about "latest versions"... I don't know how many times I have to say that, but its really starting to get annoying now.

Correcting self-inflicted injuries is not the purpose of this thread.

-----------

The versions tested and confirmed to work are:

ffdshow v. 3133
    Haali v. 19421
    AviSynth 2.57 or later

First uninstall any codec packs, also ffdshow and Haali. Reboot and clean the registry. Install correct versions of ffdshow and Haali from scratch. Don't fiddle with the settings, try BDRB again with ffdshow and Haali at default settings. If you still have problems, try VirtualCloneDrive instead of DaemonTools.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was testing the guide too, for that error I searched everywhere but with no result. It was suggested to install media player 11 and set vc1 to disable in FFDSHOW but it didn't work . Good news they released a new version of BD_Rebuilder and also ffdshow, when I updated both of these to latest release it started working. One other piece of information on the guide it said if you pick the wrong drive for Daemon tool's drive (iso) it will give an error that it is not a Bluray format. I was getting that error but the reason is lack of UDF2.5 driver on XP. I found udf2.5 driver for 32 bit XP but couldn't find any for XP 64bit as yet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. BDRB has worked perfectly for me, all versions. *Until* v.0.32.02.

It was a movie-only re-encode of the disc "Hero", should have been no problem. I always test before burning, and this time, TME wouldn't play it, information stated no video, no audio. Remuxing with tsMuxer fixed it.

Version 0.32.03 seems okay so far. (But I keep a known good older version in reserve. "Good" as in it's known to work on one's computer.)

Hey, it's like the early days of DVD, all beta software and lots of bugs. Find a combination that works. [shrugs]
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote