VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys!

First post here. I had a question that I coucldn't find with the search through the forum.

I have a LG BD-370 that's now region-free because of the hack posted here. Yet that's only for the DVD's, not the Blu Ray-discs. I ordered some region 1 discs and they will not play. Still ridiculous but that's another discussion.
    Now what to do? Am I never getting to play those? Or is there a another way to get it playing my favourite movies?

Thank you for any response - great being here!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    99.99% of players only have hacks for the DVD playback.....and even that is pretty rare these days.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If worst comes to worst BD->ISO and play it on a Western Digital HD media Player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is a neat little app that removes the Region code...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135620

I also have AnyDvd HD running in the background, which I believe removes region code, but I could be wrong. Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for the replies!

So for now it's using software to remove the regioncode from ripped Blu Rays. I sure hope regioncodes will disappear overnight!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ARTHURHOFMAN.NL View Post
    Thank you for the replies!

So for now it's using software to remove the regioncode from ripped Blu Rays. I sure hope regioncodes will disappear overnight!
    We can always hope, but indications are that restrictions are going to get worse instead of better.
    It won't be long now until the "analogue hole" is filled, and there won't be any STB's that have analogue outputs at all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ARTHURHOFMAN.NL View Post
    Hey guys!

First post here. I had a question that I coucldn't find with the search through the forum.

I have a LG BD-370 that's now region-free because of the hack posted here. Yet that's only for the DVD's, not the Blu Ray-discs. I ordered some region 1 discs and they will not play. Still ridiculous but that's another discussion.
    Now what to do? Am I never getting to play those? Or is there a another way to get it playing my favourite movies?

Thank you for any response - great being here!

I am glad that you got help, but in the future please use the correct terminology. "Region 1" ONLY refers to DVDs. BluRay regions are A, B and C - no numbers. Your use of the wrong term could have caused people to give you DVD specific help when you needed help with BluRay region codes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi.. Have just bought the LG BD 370 Blu Ray here in Mumbai. TRied to make it region free using suggestions in this forum but all unsuccessfully.

Arthur Hofman, which ack did you use to make your player region free... we have tried the disk and the thumb stick method.

Thanks
    Ruth
    Quote Quote  
  9. True, Jman, sorry and thank you!

I am ofcourse looking for any solution on watching my region A-discs. They're now useless... I do know that there are modification-sets for certain Blu Ray-players from Denon, Panasonic and Pioneer. I was hoping there was a similar solution for the LG-players...

So if anyone knows anything, please share!
    Quote Quote