VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whats the best software for frame by frame video editing? Is Sony Vegas pro any good for this?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no best, as has been discussed/explained/screamed many times in the past. There are differing levels of appropriate, depending on your current level, your willingness to learn, the material you are working with, and the type of product you need to produce. You need to provide all that information before you can get a reasonable direction. Is Vegas Pro good for frame by frame editing ? Yes. So is Premiere Pro, Avid, and many others. They are also expensive, can have a harsh learning curve for a beginner, and don't play well with some formats like Divx/Xvid and some AVC camera outputs.

You need to provide more details on what you are doing before we can suggest what might be worth looking at.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guns1inger,
    I will be using it mostly for Mpg-2 editing and some H.264 if it does that aswell. However i do want something that is frame accurate. Although i'm not sure how different software actually re-encodes the cuts or the whole video thats been saved.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to agree with guns1inger. 'Editing' is a pretty broad category. What's 'best' for me might not even work for you. If you need help defining your need, there is a sub-forum here called 'Editing' and a list of tools that you might want to look at. There are also a bunch of guides that describe various tasks and the software that's used to accomplish them. Do a little research. You may be able to answer your own question. Or at least ask a more targeted one of us.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are mostly doing commercial removal or simple trim edits, VideoRedo will handle frame accurate mpeg-2, and the latest beta supports H264. It is a smart editor, so it only re-encodes open GOPs around the edit points, and not the whole video.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote