VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I've googled and tried out several programs to create a BD out of x264 based video that would play correctly on my Philips BDP3000.
    I'm quite sure x264 makes the video freeze, although, on computer it plays just fine.
    Two questions:
    - How do I convert/encode an x264(H.264/AVC MPEG-4) video LOSSLESSLY into any (HD)format, like H.264, VC-1 or WMV, that would play on standalone BD player?
    Preferably, preserving 5.1 DTS/AC3 and without increasing the file size too much.
    - Are there, nowadays, any Blu-ray standalone players that support x264?

I think many would like to free up HDD and make playable discs out of quality movies they've got from, for example, the internet but that seems to be hard.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The x264 h264 video must be BD-compliant like correct video resolution/size and has correct encoding profile. Video freezes could also be because of the dvd/bd media.

What tools are you using? Try multiavchd, avchdcoder and uncropmkv to make it in correct resolution/size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LevyBurns View Post
    I'm quite sure x264 makes the video freeze, although, on computer it plays just fine.
    Non-compliant resolution is very likely to cause that problem.

Use MediaInfo to determine the resolution, if non-compliant (see "What is Blu-Ray" over there <--), you can be sure you've found the cause. Then proceed as already suggested by Baldrick. Burn with ImgBurn only.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, thank you for your replies!

I've been using tsMuxer and some other tools, without really knowing what's the problem. I downloaded the above programs and they're absolutely brilliant!
    At least, after creating and burning a test clip on a BR-RE and playing it on standalone player it worked great. It seems the problem, indeed, was about the resolution or something else but now there's no stutter nor freezing.
    I had now idea resolution could cause this...

This is what I've been trying to do for the last 6 months, so thanks again!
    I'll be back with my ignorant questions if there's more "unsolvable" problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Welcome to the videohelp forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote