VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When making my LG RC389H DVD combo region free by entering the 1397139 number and then changing the option 5 settings to ff , I accidently changed some of the other option settings. Now whenever I put a blank dvd in to record on a message comes up ' unknown disc ' and ejects it. Does anyone know the original system configuration settings? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Hack trouble,
    What you need for your DVD recorder to go back to working order is ,The complete setting of your model. Where you can get them from I don't know. If you do find them please post them on this web site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The user manual has reset instructions on page 33.
    That should bring it back to factory default settings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Combo players have always been incredibly difficult to make region free, so I am amazed that a hack even exists for your model. Do note that manufacturers change hardware all the time during production and this can break hacks that worked in the past. So even if you get the player reset and try the hack again, there is no guarantee that it will work. Finally, it's worth mentioning that if you botch a hack you can brick the player, so there is some chance that the reset may not work for you. You could try to find an older copy of the firmware and install that and hope for the best if the reset doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I had the same problem the other day, luckily enough we had the same model at work so I managed to track down the original settings

Option 1 : 32
    Option 2: 01
    Option 3: 95
    Option 4: df
    Option 5: 44 - region free setting: (ff)
    Option 6: c0
    Option 7: 14
    Option 8: d4

I had accidentally changed the settings of option 4 which caused me to have the same issue, but i changed it to the correct (df) and i still left option 5 as (ff) which is the region free setting and it has been working fine!

Hope this has helped!
    Last edited by jesse93; 16th Sep 2010 at 10:01.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @ jesse93

You say you left option 5 as 00, should that not be ff for region free?

I'm having the same issue...must have accidently changed some of the other options. Will change back tonight, hopefully your codes work jesse93. Thanks a bunch.

B
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey all!

Yes sorry about that, I am pretty sure mine is (ff) must of been thinking of it showing region 0. Since getting the correct codes, and changing the system to region free, it has been a fantastic machine! particularly for dubbing tapes and dvds!

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Fantastic...works a treat. Thanks a bunch jesse93
    Quote Quote