VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.

I've been using ffmpegX for a month, I like it and I was thinking in making a donation or pay for the registration key but my concern is if this project is dead or still in development? The date of the last news is Jan 2008.

Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Only one person can answer that, the developer: major.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Only one person can answer that, the developer: major.
    I guess the answer is no, then. Major hasn't logged in to the forums since Feb 2008. And since then, lots of video converters have appeared on the market.
    Scallywag
    Quote Quote  
  4. I asked major this question about a year ago (June 2009) by email. He told me that ffmpegx is not dead, but development has slowed down a lot. He is very busy but hopes to resume development one day. So I'm hopeful that 1.0.0 will be released one day.

Maybe we'll have to wait for major to retire from his day job!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    I asked major this question about a year ago (June 2009) by email. He told me that ffmpegx is not dead, but development has slowed down a lot. He is very busy but hopes to resume development one day.
    I can confirm that I received the same reply recently (March 2010). Hopefully he'll post a status update here or on his website so this question doesn't keep coming up, although if he does he might be bombarded with more questions than if he doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bump
    Quote Quote