VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. the unit has hdmi output, 1080,coax cable in/out, tv tuner

works fine so far, but only thing I noticed is when i put my tv to hdmi to accept the input from the dvd recorder the quality of the picture gets a little fuzzy from the dvd recorder. i have my cable from the wall going in/out on the recorder to the tv. so basically it runs thru the recorder. now if i put my tv to "TV" input the cable quality is perfect, but when i swap it to hdmi to enable the recorder it gets fuzzy.

i just have cable, no pvr or hd box or anything, just standard cable.

it works perfect going thru the dvd-recorder right now, but when I turn on my dvd recorder and i change my tv from "TV" to "hdmi input 1" the quality of the cable goes down, gets more fuzzy. even when I record tv shows with the dvd recorder its fuzzy also.

seems like its loosing quality when being converted to an hdmi signal. how is this possible?

i tried 3 different hdmi cables, now I am not sure what to do. I swapped the unit out for another one, still the same problem

anybody know if this is common problem or should I swap out the unit for another one?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by caddyfleet View Post

seems like its loosing quality when being converted to an hdmi signal. how is this possible?
    Probably because your DVD Recorder is capable of recording only standard definition signals. So, it is receiving HD signals, down converting it to SD, then up converting the signal to 1080p for use by your TV.

If you want HD on your TV at all times, then try using a signal splitter, and feed both the TV and the DVD Recorder.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. my cables just putting out standard signal, not hd. its just standard def cable. nothing special
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just split the cable before it enters my dvd recorder. so i have 1 coax going into my tv and 1 going into recorder.

it for sure made a difference. much better quality now.

What is the best quality/model splitter I should run? any links? ebay?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since you have cable, any good quality splitter should work. Just mosey down to Radio Shack, Walmart, K-Mart or Target and pick up one of theirs. They are all resistive dividers, so they all are pretty much the same.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As with just about all of this stuff, you'll get a good quality splitter for a reasonable price from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10422&cs_id=1042206&p_id=...seq=1&format=2
    Quote Quote