VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I'm not a subs expert, but I think you're missing a style sheet. Fancy subs can have attachments for exotic fonts, styles etc...

So if you're missing the attachement, it will revert to a default style

The script will work fine, however, if you just ignore the errors. You can save that script and feed it into vdub, for example, but you will only get what you see in the preview (if the .ssa file calls for those colors and fonts that you are missing, you won't get them)

If you want it perfect, you probably have to go into aegisub and edit the subs

Cheers
    I have no clue what that is haha But you know, you've helped me out with what it could be though I still want to get this hard subbed to the video file. Is that what is stopping me from doing so? Like I mentioned above, the .ass file loaded on AvsP Editor with the colors and such though an error popped up.

The only that I did notice is that when I loaded the video and sub file in aegisub, the subs were smaller and more refined compared to me opening both in Media Player Classic where the subs showed up a little bigger. Maybe that's the style sheet issue? Or because two of each colored streams that pop up as errors are renamed. "Red" and "Matsumoto" (character who speaks during the show) which are both red subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure, I'm just guessing, but I've seen some that have attached sheets that allow fancy fonts, styles etc..

There might be some errors, colors off etc... without it, but if you're happy with the way it looks, just encode it. If not, you have to fix it or find the style sheet (I think)

save the .avs, open that in vdub, and encode

xvid4psp might pause on those errors, but it work fine in vdub - as i said earlier, I already tested it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, it loaded with the video with those same errors for the colors. This seems so damn troublesome right now. I have like six programs on my pc that I don't even know how to use at all just to do something I thought was simple. So I encode it with vdub? You mean "Save as AVI..." ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes, in vdub, (assuming you want xvid/mp3/avi)

1) load your .avs
    2) video=>fast recompress
    3) video=> compression select xvid, and your settings
    4) audio=> full processing mode
    5) audio=> compression select lame mp3, and your settings (you may need to install lame mp3 acm)
    6) file=>save as avi
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doing it right now. Let me get back to you in a little.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At least one version of XVID4PSP that is around on the nets (I think r65) didn't come with vsfilter.dll. I have had it happen to me. I am 99% certain that is the error nouseforaname is getting from XVID4PSP.

Download vsfilter. Unzip file and then unzip other zip file inside of that one. Move vsfilter.dll to Path\To\XVID4PSP\dlls\AviSynth\plugins directory.

Re-start XVID4PSP and try loading file and .ass subs again. Should work now.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did that way before. .ass file never loaded.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
    You went to the dlls\avisynth\plugins folder in XVID4PSP and verified that you actually had a vsfilter.dll there?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by txporter View Post
    Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
    You went to the dlls\avisynth\plugins folder in XVID4PSP and verified that you actually had a vsfilter.dll there?
    Yes, it's there. The weird thing was I had to download it lastnight. When I downloaded XviD4PSP, it wouldn't load any videos at all until I put that file in that folder. Those subs will not load at all though.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay so I used that one program, vdub and it did connect the files together. It worked.

Something went real bad and now none of my other files will open up subs at all. I uninstalled all the programs I installed, nothing loads on the original video files. No clue what it is either.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I do too have problem with the *.ssa subtitle, I've downloaded the Jdorama with softsubs, 'n the subs is in ssa, the rest (.avi) except 1 file, I can do the hardsubbing with avidemux, but only this 1 file (.avi), it said can't load the .ssa file bla..bla..), but if I try to loading the file still using its softsub, the WMP can read the subs (in other words I can watch it in softsub way). Is there anything wrong with the avidemux or something, cause if the file or the subs which is has an error, that means I can't watch it with softsub way, doesn' it?
    Can please be kindly to help me solving my problem, cause I want to watch it with hardsub way...

Thank U so much for your kindly help before 'n after

Erika
    Quote Quote