VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone, i wanna convert a subtitle it is extension (.pac) to something that i can put it on subtitle workshop or any other program to burn it. is there any body can help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the thread title.

pac? never heard of it. Try open the .pac with notepad and see if you can read the subtitles and if so copy and paste some here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tiger,

PAC is a subtitle-format used in the professional subtitling industry. It belongs to Screen Subtitling Systems
    and can only be opened with professional subtitling software. However there is one company offering a free
    piece of software where you will be able to import PAC and export it as readable text. It's called Titlevision
    and here''s the direct link to this freeware: http://www.titlevision.com/eng_download.htm#tool.
    If things don't work out, send me a PM. I can convert it to SRT, Spruce or whatever...

And hey, supermighty Baldrick: It's a Danish company! Your neighbours!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks man, i will try it now.
    i am using poliscript and i want to export from it to a dvd directly but the program i have not fully complete and the dvd exporting is not appear. so that's why i need to convert to another extension.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i can't download it. it is loading and loading without anything, can u help me more?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Attach the PAC in your post, I'll convert it for you.
    Will SRT do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    How to convert SRT file to PAC file format ?
    I try to use Subtitles workshop and FAB Subtitles software to convert, but final output become timecode overlap.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there Lippy lipstick. I also need to convert a .pac (or .stl) subtitle to .srt and I tried to follow your advice regarding titlevision. I have can only export it to formats like .usf , .rac or .890 ? I have also tried random subtitle converters out there, but without succes. Can you help me convert a file or tell me what software to use out there? THANKS!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Lippy Lipstick View Post
    Hi Tiger,

PAC is a subtitle-format used in the professional subtitling industry. It belongs to Screen Subtitling Systems
    and can only be opened with professional subtitling software. However there is one company offering a free
    piece of software where you will be able to import PAC and export it as readable text. It's called Titlevision
    and here''s the direct link to this freeware: http://www.titlevision.com/eng_download.htm#tool.
    If things don't work out, send me a PM. I can convert it to SRT, Spruce or whatever...

Dear sir,

Could you convert those PAC files for me? If possible, you are my hero.

My files has been attached. Pls download and convert them for me.

Thanks in advance.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I downloaded your attachments, tried to open them on Poliscript, but they don't open even though they are .PAC
    first of all how did you save them? and why is the file split to this many small ones? are you sure these are subtitles?
    but anyway, if you have a file on Polisc. in Pac, u can save it as ASCI, set the convert out option to the suitable language (EN1252), then you can open the resulting text file on Subtitle editor or similar cheep ones.
    Quote Quote  
  11. hi everyone, i wanna convert a subtitle it is extension (.pac) to something that i can put it on subtitle workshop or any other program to burn it. is there any body can help me?
    I have the same problem yet visa versa. And I am in terribly hurry. Could someone help me to convert this? I have to deliver a file until morning and my program crashed.....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dark_knight_1408 View Post
    Originally Posted by Lippy Lipstick View Post
    Hi Tiger,

Dear sir,

Could you convert those PAC files for me? If possible, you are my hero.

My files has been attached. Pls download and convert them for me.

Thanks in advance.
    OK, I know this is a REALLY old thread and all and that no one cares anymore... but I just had a look at those "pac" files that were added as an attachment... THEY'RE NOT .pac files, they're .pac_ files and I really don't think they contain subtitles. Judging by the names, at least some of these .pac_ files contain icons or images. What I'm thinking is that either these .pac_ files are a form of image file OR judging by the underscore in their name, they're some kind of proprietary compression format and the "pac" is actually short for "pack".
    Last edited by ndjamena; 17th Aug 2015 at 07:28.
    Quote Quote