VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have an XviD/avi file burnt on a dvd here, plays perfectly on computer but it consistently gets stuck playing at exactly the same point on dvd player. Burnt to another media, same result. Had a look at it on GSpot, everything looks ok. Anybody know what the problem might be...is there any analysis software that might point out failed frames or similar?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could have posted a screenshot of the GSpot information, here.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try running divfix on the file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your AVI type file may be corrupted or damaged. Set top players are more sensitive to that than software players. I would try opening it in VirtualDub and see if any errors show up. Check that 'point' where the player 'sticks' and you may see the problem. VD can step through a file one frame at a time with the arrow keys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What make and model is your DVD player?
    What size is the avi?
    How far into the movie time wise does it stick and can you jump to a time point beyond the spot where it sticks?
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On stepping through frames VirtualDub found two renegade (unintelligable) frames at the "freeze" points. Cut the frames out....plays perfectly! (but the "Scan for errors" on virtdub didn't pick it up). Problem solved and obliged to you all for your help
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I suspected you might find something like that. I'm not sure why the scan doesn't always work with VD for finding bad frames, maybe it only looks for structure errors. Sometimes you can use the 'Scene change' button for finding bad frames. But if you know where the error is, stepping through the frames is usually the best method.
    Quote Quote