VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anybody converted security time lapse footage to divx? What would be the best settings to keep a sharp picture but the longest length of video? Since this is basically like a picture slide show I figure a low bitrate should suffice but I thought I'd ask if anybody has done this before and what settings they used. Also there is no audio so that helps to pack in more video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try constant quality encoding mode, if lots of motion the bitrate will increase=better quality and if only still images the bitrate will be very low. But you wont be able to get an exact file size then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Xvid, single pass, Target Quantizer = 2. 3 or more if you want a smaller file. Short GOPs will help seeking later. Don't use B frames so every frame will be encoded at the same quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. How do I set short GOPs? Also to remove B frames do I un-check B-VOPs?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    How do I set short GOPs?
    From the main Xvid Configuration dialog press the "more..." button in the Quality Preset area near the bottom. In the next dialog set the Maximum I-Frame Interval to something suitable. If you set it too small you won't get much compression. I would try something between 30 and 100. The default is 300.

Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    Also to remove B frames do I un-check B-VOPs?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote