EQUIPMENT I OWN:

Dell PC with P4 processor(2.8 Ghz), 2 gigs of ram, VERY nice new video card, windows XP

Asus Netbook with Atom N270 processor, 2 gigs of ram, onboard video processor, windows XP

Here is my situation. I watch a lot of football and basketball games. Sometimes i am away from home and not able to use my home DVR to record things. Occasionally when I am away I need to be able to record things immediately and unexpectedly.

I would like to purchase a USB stick which can handle the following.......
- TV tuning(OTA and residential cable service via coax..... ATSC and NTSC)
- S-video inputs or composite inputs
- recording live streams
- electronic programming guide
- a remote control and video editing software would be nice

I saw this product on amazon and it seems to meet my needs. However, I read some unflattering reviews about it.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-22227-PCTV-USB-Stick/dp/tech-data/B001PBM4R0/ref=de_a_smtd

I would like to do the things above that I listed. However, my main concern is the ability to record TV shows on the spot via coaxial cable service from Time Warner or using analog cables out of a set top box.

Can you recommend something that would work on my netbook? For now, I am fine recording things in standard definition. But I would like to have something which I could use later on down the road to record HD when I buy a new computer.

TC