VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to play a 4.22 GB XviD AVI/AC3 file but it will stop playing at exactly 10 minutes and 10 seconds.

What's wrong? How can I get this file to play all the way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The second file doesn't play, or rather it plays but the picture freezes after 4-5 seconds with the audio still playing fine.

I don't know what is the problem here but here's the GSpot video codec info for the both files if you need it to see it:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	136  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	137  

Quote Quote  
  3. How did you split your file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used avidemux, split the two files at a non-keyframe and enabled smart copy when I saved the two files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try cutting at a keyframe to avoid any recompression and any problems that may come with it. Also try using VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod. I find those to be more reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recompression isn't a problem for me since the effect on the quality is minor and lasts less than a second. I think my problem is that I really wanted to split the original file at a certain scene/non-keyframe, but apparently I can't get a working file this way.

This being said, your method definitely worked because it produced a working file so I would consider this an unqualified success.

Even though I prefer it the other way, I am satisfied with the result. Thanks.
    Quote Quote