VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only have experience with Ulead Video Studio 9 and want to upgrade to a better suite. Can anyone recommend Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro Pack or Adobe Premiere Elements 8? Pros and cons? Will need to edit AVCHD content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either is pretty good, Vegas is more stable. Unless you have a really fast computer look at Neoscene as well.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Anymore feedback on the above 2 suites?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having read countless posts on this site concerning nonlinear editing software, I'd say there are more happy Vegas editors than Premiere editors. I have never touched the Elements version of Premiere, but the only reason I stay with Premiere at all is because I started using it back in the mid-90s (starting with version 4.2), learning all its quirks while accumulating tweaks and 3rd-party plugins over the years (many of which still work with newer versions of the software). But if I were starting from scratch, I'd go with Vegas -- Pro version, that is.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried to download Vegas Studio. All download links on their site is down. Fail

Installed Premiere Elements 8 trial. Imported large AVCHD file. Dropped it into timeline, crash. Open, import, repeat, same crash. Fail.

Is there no decent non-pro video editing suite out there?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Installed Premiere Elements 8 trial. Imported large AVCHD file. Dropped it into timeline, crash. Open, import, repeat, same crash. Fail.
    I'm pretty sure AVCHD functionality is disabled for the trial version (it is for certain with Premiere Pro CS4)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I'm pretty sure AVCHD functionality is disabled for the trial version (it is for certain with Premiere Pro CS4)
    Off. So they crash the program instead of making that known? Fail even more.
    Quote Quote