VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have episodes of shows that i download in mkv format, but they don't play on my blu-ray player, so I convert them to m2ts using tsmuxer and they work.
    The videos don't forward and when I jump to a certain time the sound is off.

How do I fix this because I want the videos to be able to fast forward.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    multiavchd. There seems to be an increasing number of queries related to mkv fikes in particular; maybe a forum is needed sometime soon.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I tried multiavchd in every format I could and it didn't work. It still doesn't forward or rewind. I could just make an AVCHD disc but I just want to put them onto a usb drive and watch them. So if anybody has any other way to make them fast forward please let me know.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    watching a high bitrate mkv or m2ts file from a thumb drive/usb probably isnt a good idea...pretty sure it cant support the bandwidth

tmpg dvd authoring works could prolly do sumthin in the nature of what you want to do
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It could also be that your player simply doesn't do AVCHD very well.

I have converted many mkv files to AVCHD format for playback with a PS3. I have used MultiAVCHD, AVCHDCoder and TSMuxer, and combinations of the above, and all of them have worked without issue, including fast forward and reverse, and chapter stops.

If your player is not your problem, then something on your PC is.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    watching a high bitrate mkv or m2ts file from a thumb drive/usb probably isnt a good idea...pretty sure it cant support the bandwidth

tmpg dvd authoring works could prolly do sumthin in the nature of what you want to do
    I've had WD player for USB 2.0 (first incarnation) since last December and .mkv is ok for 4 to 6 GB files max. I'm using a BlacX USB 2.0 docking station with WD Caviar Black 750 GB internal drives. Converting to .m2ts with tsMuxer lets me play files over 20 GB but FF usually isn't a good idea. Although I can usually resume where I left off. Also it can tend to get messed up if there's more than one audio stream. It's better to use an external subtitle file too than embedded.

I think the WD player with USB 2.0 only connection may have been a bit before its time. With USB 3.0 docking stations due out soon I hope they upgrade to USB 3.0 soon. There are some other issues with limited subtitle support(always seems to be the fly in the ointment) and chapters and all that, but for $100 it's not a bad solution esp. since it also plays Avi/Divx HD resolutions.

If they spiff it up a tad, the new version should be really nice. Of course then I'll have to shell out all over again but wadda' ya' gonna' do?
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote