VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. Please move to the appropriate forum if needed. I support a CMS system and one of our clients is having problems with an embedded video. The video works, but he doesn't want it to start playing when users come to the webpage. I found code examples online, but it doesn't seem to be working for him. Because of the way our system works, he is having to save the code to an HTML file and then iFrame it into the page in our CMS. I'm not sure if this is why he is having the problem. Below is the code he is using. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? You can see Autostart referenced in two places.

Code:
              <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="280" height="255">
                <param name="name" value="flv" />
                <param name="id" value="flv" />
                <param name="movie" value="player.swf?flv=../mpeg/Max_Millie_400.flv" />
    <param value="false" name="AutoStart"/>            
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
                <embed src="player.swf?flv=../mpeg/Max_Millie_400.flv" AutoStart=”false” quality="high" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="280" height="255"></embed>
              </object>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What SWF player are you using? According to this code, your player.swf is in the root of your site.

Are you saying the only problem is AutoStart, but vistors can click Play and there is no problem?
    You'll find me at:
    DivX Labs and the DivX Developer Portal
    Follow us on Twitter: @DivXLabs
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure on what the player is, actually, and my company's documentation is...well lacking would be a nice way of putting it. I can try and find out from one of our software engineers, but that could take the rest of the week.

Yes, the videos play fine, but they don't want them to start automatically when the page loads.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Instead of putting the video on that particular page, put a link button to the video on that page. That way, no video will start until they click on the link. Thereafter, the link page itself can run the video and display whatever else needs to be displayed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i haven't used the shockwave player in awhile but i think the code should look more like this.

/myvideofile.flv&autostart=0
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try these tricks...

Remove all the autoplay references, since most players have autoplay off by default, and even though you're currently telling it False, the fact that the parameter exists is kicking it off.

Another option would be to append the file path with &autostart=false just after the .flv (e.g. ../mpeg/Max_Millie_400.flv&autostart=false).

There's a good chance you might be using JW Player, which is here:
    http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player-setup-wizard

Check it out and see if that helps.
    You'll find me at:
    DivX Labs and the DivX Developer Portal
    Follow us on Twitter: @DivXLabs
    Quote Quote