VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have problem after reading up on all the guides I have taken a Movie full of Blue people that live in trees and put Eng subtitles. This film had Spanish and Romanian Subs and Eng and Spanish audio.
    Guides were so good I have pressed on to the Menu! There is a photo with 6 buttons of which Subtitles has two(oddly), Spanish and Off, no Romanian! So I need to add one. I have done the Bitmap,making the background undersubtitles English, Spanish and Off. I have looked at MenuEditor and PgcEdit. I would think that Replace would be like cut (out the old) and Paste(back the new).

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please next time open a new thread instead of hijacking a thread,this time i created a new thread for you,also what is the name of the movie?It looks a lot like Avatar and same description of it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Read more about editing menus in this thread.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I apologize about the thread. I know after a week of looking at this and reading a book load of guides, I have bitten off more than I thought. That is what makes this fun to do though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    traskmannen
    Thank you, I had read Manano's guide and sent a thank you note. Then I read the responses https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...g-edited-menus.
    Further down in the guide He states "Only problem is, there seems to be absolutely no way to replace the underlying bitmap in DVDSubEdit -- or even edit the bitmap at all".
    I drew my new Bitmap with English Spanish and Off for where the underlying buttons will be and muxed it. I thought my big problem would "attaching" the "directions" to the english. Actually my biggest headache has been replacing(cut&paste,delete&import) the old Menu bitmap with my new one! In the pix abouve there are three subtitle buttons, there is Spanish, Off and directly below it, one that you cannot see. It is for the Romanian. I thought that was a bit odd. Any way, sending a note to Manano. Thx for tackling this issue. I think it is one that many have come up against and said "Why bother".

"Too legit to quit" as the man said.

Tai
    Quote Quote  
  6. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible to replace the underlying bitmap, it is not that difficult. Keep reading the thread I linked to before, especially from post #54 on (second page). In the File menu in DVDSubEdit you have two possibilities to do this: You can "Save current subpic as a bitmap", edit the bitmap in the graphics editor of your choice and then choose "Replace current subpic with .BMP-file" or you can choose "edit subpic bitmap with external tool".

I know that it is possible, I have done it myself.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by träskmannen View Post
    I know that it is possible, I have done it myself.
    Heck, I told him it was possible in his other thread about the same thing:
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you're trying to edit the underlying subpic, then you can extract it using DVDSubEdit and then replace it using the same program. Editing either the menu background or the subpic is up to you, but can be done using many photo editors.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/314985-Removing-languages-from-a-sub?p=1954248#post1954248

Maybe he lost track of that thread. I don't know. At the time I wrote that guide it wasn't possible, although it became possible soon afterwards. But the guide wasn't about editing subpics anyway, just easier stuff.
    Quote Quote