VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I converted a .srt file into .ssa using "SRT TO SSA CONVERTER ver 1.0". The .ssa appears as subtitle in virtualdub but when I insert into avidemux, it doesn't appear. What's wrong? I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong as I clicked the SSA subtitle filter in Avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there any other srt to ssa convertor that would work with avidemux
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you altering the .ssa subtitles after converting them from .srt and before feeding them to AVIDemux? If not, why convert them to .ssa? Use AVIDemux's Subtitler filter, instead of the .ASS/.SSA filter - that will accept a .srt as input.

Are you re-encoding the video after adding the hardsubbing filters?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. no i am not editing the ssa after it is converted. i just tried it with subsync in gabest folder and it seems to be working with avidemux.

I don't use the srt filter in avidemux as the font doesn't look as good as ssa.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even when using the same font for both? Have you tried experimenting with the settings on the .srt filter? (No, I don't mean any offense by that, I'm just curious.)

I don't know that using the .ssa filter over .srt in AVIDemux would be better or not, considering you're merely converting from a .srt, which normally doesn't allow much in the way of formatting (I don't know if AVIDemux supports the unofficial .srt versions with HTML formatting). I'll admit I haven't tried the .srt filter in AVIDemux, however, as all of the subtitle work I've done with AVIDemux is with .ass subtitles.

You might also try the older stable version of Subtitle Workshop (not sure about the newer/current betas) for converting .srt to .ssa, too.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote