VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just recorded on a Tdk Dvd+R when the recording was done and the dvd recorder said that it is done with recording and I tried to finaliz the dvd in the same recorder it said that the dvd can not be played or recorder on or read at all. Can somebody please tell me what could be the problem and if there is a way I can fix it I have lost so many dvd this way. Thank you for you help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. dvd recorder in question? can it be read on another dvd player?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I can not play in anything no dvd player or the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. what model of dvd recorder is it?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This thread would be better in our DVD Recorders Forum. Moving you.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar problem and extracted the ISO in ISOBuster then opened it with one of my authoring programs. The DVD Recorder I have is an Ilo. Might be something else with yours. VLC was the only program I could play the DVD in. Someone on the forum suggested opening with Daemon Toools, I don't have that program. If you do, try it.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More than likely the DVD was corrupted during the finalizing process. Your only hope would be a PC program like mentioned above. I have had this happen a few times also, although most of the time the disc just becomes unfinalizable, IOW it will play in the recorder but not any players. Welcome to the world direct to DVD recording. It's one reason HDD DVDRs are so nice. Everything is recorded to the HDD(which are very reliable) and then you burn a DVD HS and lossless. If the burn fails no big deal, you just burn another DVD. You don't delete your program off the HDD until you have a good burn.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a sony rdr-gx315 recorders. and I tried to you the isobuster I download the program but I do not know how to use it. To just let you know I need either to finalize the dvd and play it or remove the recorded item and use it again I have a TDK dvd+R and thank you again all for your help so far. If you are able to help me again please tell me step by step to what to do I am not that expert in these fields, so your help is greatly appricated. Thank you. Laleh.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In ISO Buster, You have to go to File, Highlight Which Track is not marked with a red X, (In my case it was Track 02), Extract User Data (tao, iso, wav), then select the folder to extract the iso to. after it is extracted you have to open it with an authoring program. I think I had to use Womble Video Wizard DVD. Then I created a Video_TS folder and I then opened with DVD Shrink.
    You may get the message:No file systems and/or files found, when you open the program(ISO Buster), I just hit cancel.
    Hope this helps.
    My DVD+R wouldn't finalize after I hit stop recording on my standalone DVD Recorder. It would recognize the disc as a new disc when I put it back into the standalone. My computer could only play the file/DVD+R in VLC. So that sounds similar to what you have.
    P.S. TDK doesn't make quality media any longer. I used to swear by them and won't buy them again. Verbatim DVD+Rs and Sony CD-Rs for me.
    Good luck
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote