VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys! I'm sure I'm not the one that have asked this question but I really need to find an answer since I've been looking around and tried 4-5 programs and still couldn't do what I intended.

In short - I have two .avi files with integrated subs in english, I want to edit them and translate them in my language and keep them integrated, just changed. Simple as that.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by integrated? If the subtitles are a separate stream embedded in the avi file, then you can extract this and modify it as required. If the subtitles are hard-coded (i.e. part of the video stream) then you're out of luck. If you're not sure which is the case, then use MediaInfo and post the output here for an explanation.

Slainte

midders
    Quote Quote  
  3. With avi/divx there's also the possibility of selectable subs as added by programs like AviAddXSub. According to the author of that utility, once they are in, there's no way to demux them. At least know way that he knows.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a hobbiest when it comes to adobe after effects, but it may be possible to rotoscope out the subtitles if they are embedded possibly using mocha for after effects, however it'd be less time consuming to create an avi file from another and use subtitle workshop.
    Quote Quote