VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hauppauge TV Tuner, Using the WinTV7 Software supplied with the kit..Have updated it all from Hauppauge.

1) I have been using the PVR-150 and have had no problems with it on this new, very capable, PC. I Love this product and use it 24/7.

2) Of course like all PC nuts, It was time to upgrade. I purchased the Model 01213: WinTV-HVR-2250 Media Center Kit. I have had nothing but trouble setting it up on same PC used with the 150. Problems:

a: Cannot get the Auxiliary Input to be recognized. The Main card inputs do work.

b: All inputs have very low volume. My PC and Input device volumes are maxed out, including external speaker volume. The S-Video and Composite volumes are worse. All my PC Divers are up-to-date.

c: When recording video from external device, such as camcorder or TV, the volume is so low you can barely hear it. I did not have this problem with the 150.

d: Can you record in any other format? It seems to only be able to record in the one format, the TS File..??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this is the answer your audio problem, but look at this post from another website: http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=12169.0

Most TV tuner cards record a MPEG-2 TS by default when US digital TV is the source. SHS (who runs the other website above) sometimes looks in on TV tuner questions in the forums here and would likely know what other options are available for recording HDTV with the 2250. I couldn't find the answer on the sites I visited while researching the card as a possible purchase for myself.

[Edit] I forgot to say welcome to the forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOW..!! Thank you so much for the assistance..These driver audio patches did the job. Amazing change in volume now. The Aux input of the 2250 is still at a lower volume. But, is now controllable. If I use my PowerDirector to capture video from the 2250, the in/out volumes are beyond all expectations. I have to be careful when doing this. I nearly blew the speakers the first time. I have to remember to lower the volume before opening the capture function of this program..lol...Again, thank you for your help..BTW, I also purchased the BlackMagic, Intensity Pro. Still playing with that. With the proper investment in time and money, this is an amazing A/V card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a: Cannot get the Auxiliary Input to be recognized. The Main card inputs do work.
    Make sure your using rigth white header for Auxiliary Input not the one closest to tuner but 2nd one that be video 2 for 2nd encoder, and keep in mind that min 3rdparty software don't alway work 100% rigth with hardware encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS
    Make sure your using rigth white header for Auxiliary Input
    That makes great sense..I have questioned which header to use. In all the literature found, they show it in the 1st header (closest to tuner). I will give that a shot later today and let you know the outcome. Thank You so much for the help..!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I think you maybe rigth and I think like old PVR 500 brain frat
    I take you have newer model 2250 that one come with a MC Remote
    dbl check everthing make sure that video is play before doing setup
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    I take you have newer model 2250 that one come with a MC Remote
    dbl check everthing make sure that video is play before doing setup
    Thank you for all your input..!! I have tried everything now. At a total loss to this issue. I also sent a request to Hauppauge Technical Support..It has been almost 2 weeks since then, a whole lot of good that was,,lol. Maybe I should continue to bug there Tech Support group until they tire of me..hahaha. They would probably just ban me..I am now at the point of just returning the product..They should not promote these products if they do not work..Gonna just put the ole PVR-150 back in and look for another product line for a new tuner..Thanks Everyone for the support..!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Richintx - I like Hauppauge products and I do recommend them, but I am going to be honest with you. Their product line is not 100% flawless. For example you say that the PVR-150 worked flawlessly for you. That's great, but some people who bought never got it to work no matter what they did. The PVR-250 and PVR-350 pretty much just worked for everyone who bought it, but that was not true of the PVR-150. A sizeable minority of customers reported problems with it and never got it to work for them. The 250 and 350 used the same chipset but the 150 was a completely different animal with a different chipset and different features.

Yes, Hauppauge's "tech support" is worthless, but so is the tech support of other companies. ATI's was pretty bad years ago too. If you had a video game problem they were all over that, but rarely were interested in video capturing issues with their cards. I have no idea if that is still true or not for ATI. The reality is that if you buy a video capturing card you're going to have to look at non-official forums for help. I have an MDP-130 HD capture card (I forgot who makes it, but it's not Hauppauge or ATI) I bought a few years ago and I had to search through multiple non-official forums to get an issue fixed with the card. I checked on the official forum and others had reported the same issue with no replies on how to fix it. You may need to search the internet for forums specific to Hauppauge to get help with this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Richintx just call them
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Richintx - I like Hauppauge products and I do recommend them, but I am going to be honest with you. Their product line is not 100% flawless.
    Thank You for your Reply..!! I agree 100% with you. For the price and what you get, Hauppauge is great.. I also had problems with the 150 at first and with a little time was able to correct them all..I believe my real problem is just with the 2250..I have spent days searching through many Forums and trying patches and software updates..I have spent way too much time..!! The Product was promoted and sold with the pure fact that Tech Support and the Engineers new they have many issues with it. I just got off the phone with Tech Support after a week of trying to get in contact with them. I was totally surprised when I did not get a fax machine or Leave A Message. I got a Live Person..!! They are very aware that the Auxiliary Input does not work and they are working on this..How soon will this be? "I can not answer that" said the Tech. What about the Audio input/output volume levels being so low? "WE are not aware of any problems with Volume" Replied the Tech. Did you know that many others are having these same issues? "If so, They have not contacted us about it" The Tech answered. Conclusion to my conversation with the Technical Support Technician, "Send me an E-Mail". hahaha..!!

Thanks jman98..!! Very appreciative for your Input.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had both problems and got those solved but have another one. i was told about the low volume to go in control panel (windows 7) and sound and there is a setting to equalize sound volume in all apps i think it said...made a world of difference. then the hauppauge tech guy finally told me the aux input only works if the main (onboard) input is busy. to fix that he said right click the icon you open wintv7 with and click properties. in the target box add after the " on the right put a space then -multi (dash multi) click apply and ok. then open 2 copies of wintv7 and get input one going and aux will work. ok my prob i purchased cyberlink powerdirector 8 last week. i try to capture and with analog input the preview looks and sounds great but if i hit record i get an error and lose the video...i click ok and a smaller video comes up but still can't record. with the digital tuner i get nothing. i tried uninstalling wintv7 and installing just the drivers and powerdirector 8 and same thing..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stan393 View Post
    ok my prob i purchased cyberlink powerdirector 8 last week. i try to capture and with analog input the preview looks and sounds great but if i hit record i get an error and lose the video...i click ok and a smaller video comes up but still can't record. with the digital tuner i get nothing. i tried uninstalling wintv7 and installing just the drivers and powerdirector 8 and same thing..
    Thank You for this valuable Information..Works great with the second WinTv7 opened. As for the Cyberlink PD8, I am having the same problem. I discovered the problem lays within copyrighted protection. It appears that is the error code that we receive. I have not tried Recording on my other PC to see if I get the same results, will let you know. However, I also use Nero 9 and have zero issues with capture from the HVR-2250 TV Tuner. I am able to record all inputs, to include Auxiliary. If I happen to find a breakthrough on the Cyberlink recording issue, will let you know. I hope you will do the same for me..LOL. Thanks again..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your quite welcome , that's what these forums are all about. i have had a lot of help thru them myself...stuff i would have never figured out myself. powerdirector was giving me the run-around the other day and like somebody else i heard when i mentioned getting my money back they tried to help. they gave me some links where i could download the software "windows 7 and vista ready"....well i thought that is what i had bought. anyway i don't have broadband and it was around 700 mb. my cousin said he could download it but the tech person gave me something like 2 weeks to dl but he put the wrong month in the time period to download...haven't heard back today
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stan393 View Post
    powerdirector was giving me the run-around the other day and like somebody else i heard when i mentioned getting my money back they tried to help. they gave me some links where i could download the software "windows 7 and vista ready"....well i thought that is what i had bought. anyway i don't have broadband and it was around 700 mb. my cousin said he could download it but the tech person gave me something like 2 weeks to dl but he put the wrong month in the time period to download...haven't heard back today

You know, That is strange about the Cyberlink PD8 version. I read on the latest update that I downloaded was compatible with XP Pro 32 bit and Vista 32/64 bit (Do not know about 7). I have two license, one for my XP Pro PC and the other for my Vista 64 bit PC. On the PC with Vista 64 bit and built in tuner, Capture works fine. However, on the PC with XP Pro 32 bit and the HVR-2250 TV Tuner will not capture video. I strongly believe it is not the Cyberlink PD8 program causing this problem. When I had the WinTV-PVR (PVR-150 Tuner) installed, I had zero issues. I wanted to upgrade to the 2250, because of it's Aux Input. To be honest with you, I am sorry I ever purchased it. I have had nothing but trouble with it from day one. Until today, I have not been able to use the Aux input. Still, this is not how the product was promoted (open another WinTV7 to get it to function) in its functionality. I spoke with Hauppauge Tech support many months ago and they were well aware of all its issues. I was to be contacted by them when a fix was available, never have heard from them. I hope that I am not the bearer of bad news, but in my opinion the problem is the HVR-2250 TV Tuner..I am going to Re-Install the PVR-150 and will let you know of my findings. Once again thanks for all your help..I hope this information will help guide you to resolving your problems too..
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I all, Ive read all these post and this seems to work with Vista 32/64, Windows 7- 64 and XP Pro. Will it work with Windows XP Pro x64?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PowerDirector does not work with Hauppauge cards. It will record analog cable, S-Video and composite but it does not see the digital tuner at all. No OTA DTV and no Clear QAM.

I couldn't even find a way to set the channels for the capture card, it just saw the cable connection and played all the analog channels, even the ones with nothing on them.

This software was made for the ATI HD capture cards. I bought an ATI a couple of years ago and it came with a branded version of this software but I returned the card because it did not support Clear QAM in XP like it had advertised. I believe you needed Vista with Media Center? I remember being able to scan for channels with the ATI card but I could not scan manually like I can with the Hauppauge 1800 HVR MC edition and WinTV.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Th
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    darrells : so why will it give me a great video in pd 8 until i press record. this is from an rca input. but like you said the digital tuner doesn't work at all although the sys requirements said it works with pretty much any capture card with wdm driver. cyberlink took some info they asked me for last thursday and is trying to figure the problem out
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't tried to record anything with the software. I just assumed it would record since I could see my analog channels and my VCR. I guess it doesn't support Hauppauge at all then except as a media player. I just downloaded it to check out and uninstalled it.
    Quote Quote