VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

Out of interest, I was just wondering how AVIsynth, it's Premiere plugin, Haali Matroska Splitter and FFDShow, all work to enable Adobe Premiere to imported .mkv files, and why each is necessary.

I recently used these 4 programs, to do just this, without really understanding what was happening, I'd love to know if anyone out there can explain it?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know any programming, but I know on a very basic level how this works. It's the same as if you used and .avs script ,and done through directshow

Haali Spitter is the splitter/source filter for .mkv, and splits video & audio. You can visualize this with graphstudio for directshow filters

FFDShow is the decoder, and feeds decompressed images out. It may or may not be the audio decoder as well, depending on how you have your system configured, and what the source file type is

The Premiere AVS Import plugin converts the frameserved image through avisynth to RGB so premiere can "understand" it. It works though the CS4 plugin API framework. Adobe released a kit a while back for 3rd party plugin development, but apparently it's very very buggy

You should be able to contact the authors on sourceforge if you want more info on the .avs import plugin
    Quote Quote