VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    First time I format and then write to a DVD+RW disc (AVCHD using MultiAVCHD), it plays fine. If I then re-write the disc with other material, it will not play. It's happened with both Memorex and now Verbatim discs. Indicates an Invalid format. Any suggestions? Thanks.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Check the disc after you do a burn and see if its ok on your computer,might have to do a full erase if the disc doesnt burn proper.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I re-burned another disc on a different computer--same result. Then tried a DVD-RW which worked fine. Guess the Sony does not support DVD+RW's--the owner's manual isn't very clear. Too bad since I just bought a spindle of the +RW's.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a sony 350 and it plays dvd+rw,did you try a full erase?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're right. I did a full erase, re-burned the disc and it worked. Only problem was the 15 min time to do the full erase. Is this normal? I'm using Imgburn. Thanks.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wwaag
    You're right. I did a full erase, re-burned the disc and it worked. Only problem was the 15 min time to do the full erase. Is this normal? I'm using Imgburn. Thanks.

wwaag
    Did you do a full erase on the disc initially? You can't do "quick erase" unless the disc has been full-erased previously. That's my rule of thumb for all DVD+RWs
    Quote Quote