VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I got a great tip on here about ImgBrn and thought I'd give this question a shot. I'm looking for a software that performs reliably able to copy WAV, MP3, etc to my hard drive, covert one format to the other if necessary and burn as good and reliable as Imgbrn. I own Nero 7 and can easily upgrade it but Nero, as I recall, has had it's problems. Is there anything else out there I should consider? Not looking for shareware specifically so cost is not really an issue.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ImgBurn can create either DATA or AUDIO CDs from WAV or MP3 files(ImgBurn will convert the MP3 files to compatible files for AUDIO CD).
    CDex is the easiest CD to WAV, MP3 ripper. Most "rippers" can also convert audio "files" from one format to the other.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, use Cdex to copy from original CDs and ImgBurn to burn? I noticed it's freeware too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ctdvd
    So, use Cdex to copy from original CDs and ImgBurn to burn? I noticed it's freeware too.
    That depends on whether you want an audio CD or a data MP3 CD....but ImgBurn can do both. ImgBurn
    can also just do a plain copy of the audio CD as well via an ISO image.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I've used ImgBurn to do that and it works very well. I downloaded Cdex and In about 5 minutes did a test copy and rip...not bad at all, seems solid. Do you think this will have problems in a 64B environment? I'm migrating to 7 Ultimate and want to do 64B.
    Quote Quote