VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just don't get this program... it installs fine with no errors.

I then import some .mts files from my HG10 also without any problems.

i now have nice little thumbnails of my .mts files in pinnacle, but i cannot do anything at all with them... when i right click on them and chose "play" absolutely nothing happens, also if i drag the clips to the timeline just before i release it, i can see the yellow bars that indicates how much space it will occupie on the timeline. BUT when i release it, nothing happens not a single error! NADA!

Other standard mpeg files works just fine in pinnacle where i can edit and play them without any problems...

If someone here could help me i would be wherry grateful. i am starting to pull my hair out here...

Kind Regards

Praun
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this a trial ? some software have limited functionality in trial mode and may require activation before full support. I know Adobe products are like this for AVCHD , not sure about Pinnacle
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have exactly the same problem with my avchd files in Pinnacle studio 14. Do you have a resolution by chance? Please let me know! thanks so much!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Same problem here. Unable to edit/play mts files within pinnacle. Other formats work without any problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Pinnacle Studio 14 also... I do not have any problems mentioned above.? So maybe poisondeathray right about the trail version???
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have Pinnacle 14 Ultimate with a Sony HD AVCHD cam.

Pinnacle 14 works fine with the AVCHD files on an old Windows 7 32 bit PC I have, but I have now tried using Pinnacle 14 on 2 different Windows 7 x64 PCs and on both the 64 bit OS's the AVCHD files cannot be added to the timeline.

Are the above users who are having problems running 32 or 64 bit?

I suspect there is a bug with Pinnacle AVCHD functionality on Windows 7 x64, but cannot find any other confirmation of it.

EDIT: TO test my 32 vs 64 bit theory, I dual booted my new PC - so I now have Windows 7 x64 (64 bit) and Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) on the same hardware. Pinnacle Studio 14 on the 64 bit Windows will not work with AVCHD files, but on the 32 bit Windows AVCHD works fine!
    Last edited by BigMuz; 10th Oct 2010 at 03:51.
    Quote Quote