VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My friend dont get a channel I get. I have DirectV she has Time Warner cable. Is there a way I can stream this show online for her to watch. Even If I have to download it on a file to post somewhere for her. I dont know all whats out there today that I could go about it. Say if nothing else a hour or so after its over like to have a way for her to go online and watch it...Wonder why they just dont have where she can go on live watch the show. Its the CWTV (DC50) out of washington

Thanks please feel free to let the ideas out

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you post it somewhere on the internet where she can download it, you have a few options like seting up a web server on your pc where she can access and download/stream the file, or use windows media encoder to encode the video and broadcast it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f11...displaylang=en

3. The only way I can think of getting around this with out uploading or setting up your own server is to use a SLING box from your place to your friends, doesn't matter what part of the world he/she is in as long as you both have a good internert connection.
    Here, take a look:
    http://slingmedia.com/
    Hash

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so whats the best program to use to upload it for someone to view it.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sling box pro HD is 299.99 you have that???

6. live streaming: capture card + vlc
    file streaming: vlc

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quite frankly the most simplistic way to share the file would be to encode it to something like xivd and use a filesharing program like Aries, naming it something that you two could work out , but not be indentifiable to anybody else.

8. Originally Posted by marionr26
    sling box pro HD is 299.99 you have that???
    hey, I'm just trying to help. You were asking for a solution, you did not mentioned anything about free or low cost software. Give some more details next time.
    Hash

9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm locking this thread due to the discussion of file sharing tv shows which is against form rules.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.