VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I've finally setup my codecs and player to actually be able to play smoothly through a 720p MKV! BUT! I now have a new problem: The video plays fine, subtitles are synched but then the audio cuts out and the video lags almost every 6-10 seconds.

Here's my setup:
    Player: MPC-HC 1.3.1249.0
    I've unchecked every Internal Filter.
    I'm using the following External Filters(All set to Prefer):
    -CoreAVC Pro(Purchased)
    -AC3Filter 1.63b
    -DirectVobSub 2.37

I have a feeling its due to CPU spikes. But there must be a way to eliminate it.
    What am I missing, What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reinstall Haali
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, Haali comes with CoreAVC, should I remove that one and install MatroskaSplitter?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In your computer details is that your current cpu?If is then it doesnt have quite enough power to play 720p mkv files without choking.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm I thought as much. I tried reinstalling Haali and it does the same thing. However I used to have worse problems before I got CoreAVC and simplefied my codecs.

It seems "real" 720p rips I can't quite play, But I've been able to play 720p animes and such without these problems, which might not be the real thing.

Is there a better Socket A that I could get real cheap that might help out?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not worth it. For the cost of finding a replacement socket a processor you could add a little more and get a new motherboard and a decent dual core cpu and see huge improvements. You can get a combo motherboard/cpu special for around $90 on newegg.com (not sure if they service Canada). Or spend a little more and get a quad core amd processor for $99 plus the cost of a new motherboard.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, You're probably right. I'll have to start looking for deals. My setup is turning into "Legacy" status... I mean ATI treats my video card as "Legacy" now. Lol.

But is it worth me upgrading now, when I could wait a couple years and max out my stuff to play 1080p for a decent price.? What do you think?

Anyway Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you got the spare cash right now is a great time to upgrade. $99 for a quad core is very cheap. Put that with a compatible motherboard and you would have a smokin machine. Right now I've just got a dual core amd myself but when I get the chance I'm gonna get the quad (luckily my motherboard will support it). With a quad core you will be pretty much future proofed for a while anyway.

BTW look for a post here from ocgw talking about his overclocking that quad core to something like 3.6Ghz
    Thats a hell of a lot of processing power.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic376081.html
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice, Thanks!
    Quote Quote