VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all. This is my first post.
    I have a Sony DCR-HC21 Handycam, about 4 years.

I've used Windows Movie Maker and Sony's program to capture and TMPGenc to encode the video to mpeg and here's my problem. The video looks like film even after I capture it to .avi and view it on the computer. When I convert it and burn to DVD it really looks like film.

My question is am I doing something wrong in capturing, is there a setting I'm missing on the camera, or am I using the wrong programs to capture and convert.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you must have discovered the holy grail. people have been searching for a way to make digital video looks film-like since digicams were invented.

but seriously, welcome to the forum and maybe a screenshot or small sample of what is wrong might help.

usually the process to go from miniDV to DVD goes like this. capture the DVavi off the tape with winDV or similar. import into editing program, edit and export DVD spec mpeg-2 video and audio. import that into dvd authoring program and make dvd.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for replying, aedipuss. I don't have a clip I could upload.....yet. I've been following the procedures you listed for 6 years. The best way I can describe the video would be, it's grainy. Like I said, watching it on the camera is like being there. Once I caprture it to .avi it looks like a movie film instead of it having a "live" look to it.
    Quote Quote