VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I have a big problem with SUB/IDX subtitle files. I have WDTV HD Media Player that support SUB/IDX subtitle format on video files that you play on it. I play video files in WDTV HD Media Player. Some of subtitle not shown in WDTV HD Media Player. I found the reason of problem. But I can't fix it.
    Reason:
    When I open some of subtitle files with SUB/IDX format in the VOBSUB - SubResync software that shown in the picture blow:

The subtitle that I add is SUB/IDX format in the list that I show in picture with red box the subtitle track is in "00" row and when I select one of the time in the "Time" column I see the text of subtitle correct in the box in bottom of software.In my WDTV HD Media I have no problem with subtitle with this specification.
    The problem is appear when I use subtitles in SUB/IDX format that when I open them in VOBSUB - SubResync software, the subtitle that I add is SUB/IDX format in the list that I show in picture blow with red box the subtitle track is in "01" row.

I try to open IDX file in SUB/IDX format and change the blow line:

MAIN FILE LINES:
    # Language index in use
    langidx: 1

# Persian
    id: fa, index: 1

MY CHANGED FILE LINES:
    # Language index in use
    langidx: 2

# Persian
    id: fa, index: 2

With this change I can not show subtitle texts in SubResync software.
    How I can change the track number of subtitle in SUB/IDX format and move them into track number "00".
    My WDTV HD Media Player only shows subtitle in track "00".

Please help me about it.
    Sorry about my bad English.
    Image files attached.
    Thanks.

new%20folder.zip
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you only want the one language, get rid of the rest and then it should play OK. Use VobSubStrip for the job:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VobSubStrip-Download-21128.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    I use your software but i still have problem.
    I want to move my subtitle index number to 00. It is now in 01 index. How i change it?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have any multiple language VobSubs with which to test at the moment, but why can't you just reassign the language ID number? Open up the IDX in Notepad and change it:
    # Language index in use
    langidx: 0

# Afar
    id: aa, index: 0
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I apply this setting to the IDX file in notepad.
    When i open the file (SUB/IDX) in subResync the subtitle not apear in the box (Image Blow).

and my HD Media Player not show the changed subtitle.
    Please help.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I still don't have any VobSubs with multiple languages with which to test. If I was wrong, I apologize. Here's another way to get just your language:

Open the IDX in SubtitleCreator (File->Open Subtitle). Then File->Save SUP. Again, I don't have any with which to test, but it should give you as many SUP files as there are languages. Then open the SUP file for Farsi (File->Open Subtitle), and save it as VobSub (File->Save VobSub). Then try the VobSub you got in SubResynch before trying in the WDTV HD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your help.
    The subtitle was OK in SubResync. I will try it on my HD Media Player.

I think it's will work for me.
    Million of thanks to you. for your help. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. thanks for help

how save sub/idx as srt?

and how change color for all subtitles ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Hamid3pnn View Post
    how save sub/idx as srt?
    OCR using SubRip.
    and how change color for all subtitles ?
    You can't change the colors of an SRT. You can change the colors of IDX/SUB using VobSub Configure (included in the VobSub package) among other ways.
    Quote Quote