VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Morning all,

I've just upgraded my OS from Win 7 x86 to x64

Blackmagic Intensity Pro was working fine on 3.4 drivers and still does under x64. However, on a driver quest, I discovered the 3.5.1 drivers and promptly downloaded and installed.

It updated the f/w on card and prompted me to reboot. When the system came back up, card was recognised in Device Manager however nothing can talk to it.

The only way I can get it to work, is to downgrade to 3.4 (downgrades f/w)

Anyone else had this or have the answer?

I'm a bit confused. I've tried disconnecting the source's HDMI whilst on and reconnecting to card, but still nothing. I'm a bit lost.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same exact issue. Once upgraded to 3.5.1 in windows 7 it stops working almost completely.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i seem to be having a siimilar problem, when i get everything installed into my pc it doesnt let me access the blackmagic control panel :/ im not sure why but ive tried like 5 different drivers now and its getting very frustrating, any suggestions as to why this is happening?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Exact same issue for me. Where do I get the 3.4 drivers then?

Nvm I found the archive hidden at the bottom of the support page. I'll see if I can get the 3.4 to work as I just upgraded from Vista x86 to 7 x64 and don't have anything right now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The 3.4 didnt work for me neither :/ i even tried a few before 3.4 but still nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Smify123 View Post
    The 3.4 didnt work for me neither :/ i even tried a few before 3.4 but still nothing.
    I just installed the 3.4 drivers. I'm going to try it now, hopefully it works. When installing the 3.4 it said firmware update required, hopefully that doesn't mess it up.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i dont get nothing like that when installing an earlier driver, they all just install and fail on the control panel lol
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Smify123 View Post
    i dont get nothing like that when installing an earlier driver, they all just install and fail on the control panel lol
    Yeah 3.4 works for me. The Media Express v1 only works. Media Express with the bigger windows won't let my capture at all, I don't know why.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh man really? thats gay, i dont see why mine isnt working then and i have media express V1 but the older version doesnt work at all, and this 1 dont detect anything apparently
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey kILLDR3n, was just wondering about the drivers again, i sent my intensity to be checked and apparently it was actualy faulty so im getting a new 1 hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed, was it the 3.5.1 that didnt work? or JUST the 3.5? because they told me the 3.5.1 should be fine, and im just wondering if i should bother trying them again or go straight to installing the 3.4's?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never could find the 3.5 ones. The 3.5.1 didn't work at all for me. The archives don't even list the 3.5. So I'm using 3.4 right now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right ok, thanks man

i aint even gonna touch the 3.5 then, 3.4 ftw!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey kILLDR3n was just wondering if you or someone else might be able to help me....again lol

my new card came and everything, installed the 3.4's and still same issue, so i rang support and they told me several "solutions" to try and still nothing, but its definately working because my computer recognises it every time i uninstall the drivers again, and when i have nothing installed it recognises it in the device manager as "Other Devices" and "Multimedia Video Controller" but as soon as i install the drivers, theres nothing there?? i then try and do it manually via "add legacy hardware" find the blackmagic driver but it doesnt work because my computer cant find them or something like that (code 31) so i try update it but my pc says there all up to date :S heres a list of my specs, im pretty sure my os should be able to run it?:

• Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200
    • 2.33GHz, FSB1333 MHz, 4MB Cache
    • 8GB DDR2 Memory Size
    • 1TB Hard Drive Capacity
    • Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - 64 Bit
    • BluRay Reader DVD±RW Drive
    • Nvidia 9600GT with 512MB Dedicated Graphics Memory
    • 1 Year RTB Warranty
    Specification
    CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 (2.33GHz)
    Motherboard: Intel® DG45ID
    Memory: 8GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz (4x2048MB)
    Hard Drive: 1000GB SATA II hard drive
    CD / DVD Drive: Blu-Ray Super Multi Double Layer DVD±RW drive
    Card Reader: Foxconn CR-03CE
    Video / Graphics Card: nVidia® GeForce 9600 GT 512MB PCI-Express
    Sound Card: IDT 92HD73E HD Audio Codec
    Network Card: Intel® 82567LF Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mb/s) Ethernet LAN controller
    Network Card: Wireless PRO-NETS WP61R2
    Case: TLM725-2
    Keyboard: Acer USB Black/Silver keyboard
    Mouse: USB Black/Silver mouse

If anyone could help then thanks xD
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UPDATE:

Blackmagic replaced the card which worked using component in.

HOWEVER.

I was trying to capture using HDMI IN / OUT from an XBOX 360. (Which I'd just bought...)

The newer XBOX 360's have HDCP enabled on the HDMI port, which the Blackmagic Pro won't capture. (MFR Date on XBOX is 01/2010), nor will this XBOX work on an older Philips TV (approx 3 years old)

I tried an older XBOX using HDMI in and voila. All working on Windows 7x64, RAID 0 on 3.5.1.

Shout if you need help.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They replaced it? what do you mean, as in it doesnt have the component option what so ever now? because the 1 i have does. and i resulted in buying a HD PVR i could get it to work at all, support could either...and my problem was the control panel and my pc not recognising it ONCE i installed the drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They replaced the card like for like.

When I got it back, I tried capping on my new xbox, which didn't work over HDMI but component did.

I left it at that. That xbox had to be switched with another one, which DOES work with HDMI in to card. Other xbox doesn't work on an older TV upstairs.

Do you still have the card? If so, what sort PCI lane were you using on PC mobo? If you have a spare HDD, try another OS in same PC.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh right, i never managed to get mine to even install properly so i never had the chance to try anything lol, and yeah i got it march 1st, and have had no issues what so ever, much more simple and its great quality, only downside its a bit more expensive than the intensity.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shame you can't get it going.

Did you sell it?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah i no, was annoyed at the time but its all good now =] and nope, its just sitting in my room lol, ill probably put it on ebay or something. the people i bought it of only offered me £105 back when i payed 140 for it, and the first 1 they sent me was faulty!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If anyone else needs help, drop a line in here and I'll see if I can help.
    Quote Quote  
  21. im having a big problem. ive installed the blackmagic intensity pro to my pc with the 3.6 driver and my ps3 is in hdmi video in and from hdmi video out is my monitor. but when i turn on my ps3 and switch my tv to hdmi, i see nothing. and when i go to media express i also see nothing on the preview screen. any ideas on what the problem is?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, it's quite simple.

The Blackmagic doesn't capture HDCP protected signals, which is what the PS3 is spitting out over HDMI. If you use a component cable from the PS3 to the breakout cable supplied with the BMPro, you should be good to go. Don't forget to alter the settings in control panel to reflect the new inputs!

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  23. hey. the component trick didn t work either. maybe i didnt install the card right. When i right click on my computer and go to manage i cant see the card there at all.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having a similar problem on Win7 Ultimate 64. I installed the card, drivers, software and updated firmware then re-installed and now my computer loses power and instantly shuts off after a minute or two of my computer being booted up. The only way i can get this to stop happening is removing the card physically from my pc.

I've performed another clean install, now of Win7 Pro 64 and the same problem with the same card. Im in the process of trying to get another card sent out.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    edited
    Last edited by Pinto007; 17th Sep 2014 at 18:21. Reason: It was misinformation:)
    Quote Quote