VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I was watching Heroes 4x13 episode, at the beginning there's a scene in slow motion 24p shot for sure at 30p or 60p.
    The scene went from slow motion to real motion. If it was shot in 60p or 30p going to 24p (real time motion) would definitely show a very noticeable shutter (for the dropped frames)! So how is that possible, the scene shown at 24p was smooth as the previous slow motion (i'm not talking about different "scenes" but THE SAME scene from the same shot)

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Many high end cameras have overcrank and undercrank with variable frame rates in increments/decrements of 1

In post production, you could also use programs like after effects, which can remap time and do effects like speedup and slowdown
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So you think this could have been done in shooting?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well I stopped watching heroes after season 2 , but they certainly have the budget to use decent cameras and post production. You would get best results by doing it during shooting
    Quote Quote  
  5. Slowing down 60 fps to 24 different images per second while retaining the 60 fps rate doesn't drop frames, it duplicates frames. If you want to create a 24 fps output file you just slow down the frames (instead of displaying each frame for 1/60 second you display each frame for 1/24 second).
    Quote Quote