VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. In multiAVCHD you have an option to generate AVCHD output for Panasonic Viera (TV/CAM). If you use this option your TV must be able to play the structure (not individual files).

As I'm aware - viera doesn't support subtitles or DTS/HD audio.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  2. For my TV (TC-P50GT25)

I put the AVCHD folder on the top level of an external USB drive - making sure that the folder is called AVCHD.

Then I choose SD card from the Viera menu, it recognizes the Blu-Ray structure, and I can start the movie. Very cool.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't understand if it all works for you now?
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by multiAVCHD View Post
    I don't understand if it all works for you now?
    Sorry... I meant to summarize my findings so far. Here are the salient points.

1. The specific TV is a Panasonic TC-P50GT25
    2. I was interested in understanding how I could play movies from an external USB hard drive, specifically, using the Blu-Ray file structure
    3. multiAVCHD is amazing. I'm using it under Wine / Crossover on a MacPro, and it works flawlessly. I took a 1080p rip of Return of the King, and it generated a playable blu-ray file structure in about 6 hours (I don't know if that's good or not). The original file was an 8 Gb blu-ray rip in a MKV container.
    4. If I put the files onto a USB stick, SD card, or external drive, I can drill down and play them on the TV.
    5. If I put the AVCHD folder at the root level (and leave it names AVCHD), the TV recognizes it as a blu-ray and plays it.

I know these points are almost certainly enumerated within the excellent documentation and tutorial, but for myself, it was hard to find all this info in one place (Mac, P50GT25, folder structure).

Thanks for all the hard work...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by multiAVCHD View Post
    I don't have any problems with my Panasonic Viera with structures created with multiAVCHD.
    I can't get any video to play on my Panasonic Viera TH-L32U20A. multiAVCHD appears to be working fine on the file I downloaded for testing at http://www.avchdclips.com/sample_1.zip. There are no errors reported by multiAVCHD (refer log file attached). I've tried every combination of suggestions of folder structure (refer ZIP attached) but get the same "No valid file to play" every time I insert the memory stick.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Panasonic is a great TV, and ..you are a genius Mr. Author!
    I was trying to solve the problem (play mkv in tv sd slot) and after one whole day of searching/trying, here comes your software!
    You are a genius.
    (from fantastic Bulgaria I see. I came five times on my m\bike and I think I know the country as much as my own (Italy). This cannot be true of course, bu I really travelled all over, from mountains to sands. I love Bulgaria).

Well...thank you for your software, I am going to donate..
    Daniel
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by multiAVCHD View Post
    In multiAVCHD you have an option to generate AVCHD output for Panasonic Viera (TV/CAM). If you use this option your TV must be able to play the structure (not individual files).

As I'm aware - viera doesn't support subtitles.
    Indeed! Have any of you successful AVCHD builders managed to get your Panasonic Viera TV to play the AVCHD folder as if it were a DVD? (Please be specific, here... Menus? Subtitles? yes, please try again. any Subtitles???)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Goanna.
    Some time passed and I don't remember all I did but... I just opened and used Mr. Author's program files and followed instructions.
    The file/ structure that came out was sent to the SD card, the card in the TV slot, and all worked fine as if I was using a dvd player.
    I didn't do it many times travelling a lot but I guess the process can be replicated!
    kind regards and good luck
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    no subs however..
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind. I gave up and bought a media player - great decision - no time wasted on codec conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AjN View Post
    Nevermind. I gave up and bought a media player - great decision - no time wasted on codec conversion.
    no subs either
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by volcs0 View Post
    For my TV (TC-P50GT25)

I put the AVCHD folder on the top level of an external USB drive - making sure that the folder is called AVCHD.

Then I choose SD card from the Viera menu, it recognizes the Blu-Ray structure, and I can start the movie. Very cool.
    Hi Volcs0,

I also have G25 plasma and having issues playing files via USB in the vierra. Can you please help me? What software I need to convert to?

I want to play youtube dowloaded videos in Vierra. I download the videos in MP4 format and tried to convert in MPEG 2 but still they are not working.

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Used format factory for two reasons
    1) its free
    2) It convert could allot of stuff including pictures,videos,audios etc

To convert video for TV used
    Press the video Tab and select
    all to AVI
    in out put settings output settings
    from the drop down use
    HD 1280 X720 widescrean

make sure following settings are set up
    sub output settings
    Video Stream settings
    =====================
    Video encode =MPEG4(Divx)
    VideoSize= 1280X720
    Bitrate=2400
    FPS=25
    Aspect Ratio=Automatic
    Encode2Pass=no

Audio Stream settings
    =====================
    Audio Encode=MP3
    Sample Rate Hz=48000
    BitRate(KB/s)=192
    Audio Channel=2

and save this settings as a name you remember(e.g Panasonic HDTV) so next time you could use it with out
    making sure correct settings are used.
    You could use saved settings from all to custom field.

Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found one thing that so far works every time to watch edited videos with my Panasonic TCP50ST30 using a 32 GB SD card. (If I put a card directly from my Sony HD camera into the tv slot, that plays, so I am focused on other videos). I tried multiAVCHD with no luck, and just tried Format Factory with the instructions in this thread. That also did not work for me. I have created files in every version I can think of with Pinnacle Studio 12. I am providing this information in case someone can figure out how to create a file with the same attributes, without involving Youtube (see below).
    Here is what does work for me:
    1) Create folders on the SD card with useful names, e.g. Family, Music, Politics, Humor, or whatever.
    2) Upload videos to Youtube. I usually create HD MP4s using Pinnacle Studio 12. They are sharp and reduce file size to speed the upload. After the upload, it can take some time before the HD tag shows up in the video. If you don't want the videos to be viewable by others, don't make them public.
    3) Download the MP4 from Youtube (note if the system decides there may be 3rd party content in the video, the link to download the mp4 will not appear).
    4) Copy the downloaded MP4 into the appropriate folder (or no folder) on the SD card.

Note: I also have jpgs and mp3 audio files on the card. The Panasonic does not appear to be picky about them.
    The largest file I have downloaded so far was 31 minutes long and 720MB. It took me about 10 hours to upload my file using DSL, and about 3 hours to download the Youtube MP4. If you don't use Youtube a lot, you may initially be limited to 15 minute videos. Because this can be so time consuming, and because of the issue regarding 3rd party content, it would be great if someone could define how to make a file that looks like the Youtube MP4s. Also, I have been able to watch some other mp4s downloaded from internet sites - not from Youtube, so maybe there is an internet protocol involved. In any event, I am enjoying being able to sort edited videos into folders and quickly pick which ones I want to watch on the tv.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bill in White Lake View Post
    I have found one thing that so far works every time to watch edited videos with my Panasonic TCP50ST30 using a 32 GB SD card. (If I put a card directly from my Sony HD camera into the tv slot, that plays, so I am focused on other videos). I tried multiAVCHD with no luck, and just tried Format Factory with the instructions in this thread. That also did not work for me. I have created files in every version I can think of with Pinnacle Studio 12. I am providing this information in case someone can figure out how to create a file with the same attributes, without involving Youtube (see below).
    Here is what does work for me:
    1) Create folders on the SD card with useful names, e.g. Family, Music, Politics, Humor, or whatever.
    2) Upload videos to Youtube. I usually create HD MP4s using Pinnacle Studio 12. They are sharp and reduce file size to speed the upload. After the upload, it can take some time before the HD tag shows up in the video. If you don't want the videos to be viewable by others, don't make them public.
    3) Download the MP4 from Youtube (note if the system decides there may be 3rd party content in the video, the link to download the mp4 will not appear).
    4) Copy the downloaded MP4 into the appropriate folder (or no folder) on the SD card.

Note: I also have jpgs and mp3 audio files on the card. The Panasonic does not appear to be picky about them.
    The largest file I have downloaded so far was 31 minutes long and 720MB. It took me about 10 hours to upload my file using DSL, and about 3 hours to download the Youtube MP4. If you don't use Youtube a lot, you may initially be limited to 15 minute videos. Because this can be so time consuming, and because of the issue regarding 3rd party content, it would be great if someone could define how to make a file that looks like the Youtube MP4s. Also, I have been able to watch some other mp4s downloaded from internet sites - not from Youtube, so maybe there is an internet protocol involved. In any event, I am enjoying being able to sort edited videos into folders and quickly pick which ones I want to watch on the tv.
    Oh man, you made it really complicated. Yes, complicated.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess complicated is in the eye of the beholder. I have been editing videos in some version of Studio for years and can do it in my sleep (I only upgrade if the old version doesn't have a feature I need). FYI, editing is not necessary to making MP4s that work. Youtube will accept a variety of formats. Also, Youtube has an editor built in. I only wanted to describe something that works, as well as what did not work for me. It is also not necessary to put folders on the SD card. I only do that to sort videos into categories, as I like to do with MP3 audio files. Finally, I posted this hoping that someone knows how to create MP4s that are same as those that come from Youtube, without having to do the upload/download thing.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used https://www.videohelp.com/tools/PS3Muxer to convert mkv files to m2ts so that they play on my Panasonic TC-P55GT30 DLNA. The added benefit is that the files also appear in the Windows Media Player Library and thus show up in DLNA. It takes only 30 seconds to convert a 1 hour video.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use video converter like Nero Video, set output to format .wmv . I have Panasonic Vieira TV, my video in WMV format written in SD memory card, all videos is working well. When you want just audio, use mp3 format in SD memory.
    Quote Quote