VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    In Windows 7 the megui avisynth player only shows a solid green screen for any VC-1 encoded .m2ts blu-ray rip.

I performed this process to allow WMP12 to show VC-1 encoded video with directx instead of media foundation. Now WMP12 directx playback of VC-1 is nominal (works OK).

The problem is megui avisynth player shows vertically advanced red and blue.

There are several audio streams in this file including uncompressed audio. Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 859x490 is a very peculiar resolution. Is that the true resolution or has the picture been resized? My guess is that your chroma and green line problems are directly related to the resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Keep your vc-1 blu ray rips original resolution and play w/ VLC Player

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The resolution is the standard 1920 x 1088. I resized the client area for Snipping Tool to demonstrate the advanced red and blue colors.

Anyone using Windows 7 and megui on VC-1 encoded rips
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luigi2000
    The resolution is the standard 1920 x 1088. I resized the client area for Snipping Tool to demonstrate the advanced red and blue colors.

Anyone using Windows 7 and megui on VC-1 encoded rips
    I play BD isos w/ PDVD8 @ home in Win 7 Ultimate x64/MC7/MyMovies3, but VLC works for me to play the .m2ts file @ work where I can't install PDVD

ps. use TsMuxer to save 1 "non-HD" audio track

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by luigi2000
    The resolution is the standard 1920 x 1088.
    Make it 1920x1080 either by cropping or by resizing and see if the problem goes away. You can test the script in a player before doing the reencoding. Are you doing any other filtering in the script?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the responses.

Let me be clear. Playback of the source rip in MPC Home Cinema always has been correct. Playback of the source rip in WMP12 after the filter changes is correct. Playback is not the problem.

The problem is the playout in megui avisynth player. The video is distorted as shown above.

Next I will try demuxing the rip, and will post the results.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

Let me be clear. Playback of the source rip in MPC Home Cinema always has been correct. Playback of the source rip in WMP12 after the filter changes is correct. Playback is not the problem.

The problem is the playout in megui avisynth player. The video is distorted as shown above.

Why do you care?

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by luigi2000
    Originally Posted by manono
    Make it 1920x1080 either by cropping or by resizing and see if the problem goes away.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ocgw

Why do you care?

ocgw

peace
    Huh? WHY do I care? I am trying to get megui to re-encode blu-ray rips encoded in vc-1 inside .m2ts, to be encoded in h264 inside .mkv at a quarter of the original size for playback in a media tank.

Transport streams (in this case 1920 by 1088) use resolutions of modulus 16. The ATSC broadcast stream is 1920 by 1080.

Demuxing the video stream makes no difference in this Avisynth failure. Next I'll remove Avisynth 2.58 and install v2.57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By experimenting, I found that the problem is with AviSynth 2.5.8 and 2.6.0 a2. However VC-1 decode by AviSynth 2.5.7 works fine in 32-bit Win7.
    Quote Quote