VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone recommend an open source MP3 joiner

I've got Audacity - I know how to use it and join files - but for joining several files, it's really time consuming
    After searching on this site, I downloaded MP3DirectCut - seems to be similar - I understand that you have to open separate files and cut and paste

What I want is a program that I can use to select multiple files in one easy go and then just click join!

There's plenty of shareware out there... but joining MP3 files is a simple operation - I would have thought there would be a well used open source program out there?

I've tried googling and looking at sites like download.com
    There doesn't seem to be anything out there that isn't shareware

Thanks

OM
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just used mp3directcut
    it does exactly what i wanted + has a few other features that are really good
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are not a newbie. Moving you to our audio section.
    Quote Quote  
  4. [EDIT]
    Quote Quote  
  5. i guess you can use Audacity with mp3 plugin or mp3 filter so you can import mp3 into audacity and export back to mp3 after editing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OM2 View Post
    Can someone recommend an open source MP3 joiner

I've got Audacity - I know how to use it and join files - but for joining several files, it's really time consuming
    After searching on this site, I downloaded MP3DirectCut - seems to be similar - I understand that you have to open separate files and cut and paste
    It's important to note that MP3DirectCut does not reencode MP3 when you do such edits.

Most general audio editors, like Audacity, must decode and reencode whenver you make any change, thus a loss of quality.
    Quote Quote