VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I've read several topics. I want to add hard-code some subs into mkv files, however be aware that I haven't actually converted to mkv yet. I have the .vob file. I can easily convert it, but I can't work out how to hard code (I am using automkv) Does anyone else use this program and knows how to convert to mkv and burn in the subtitles at the same time. Any help would be great.

edit: I can however have the video and audio stream and say mux them in megui, can you hard code them in megui?
    Anyway if there is another program that i can use to mux my video, audio and subtitles together.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use Handbrake. Open the video_Ts folder with the vob and ifo files and under subtitle you can add subtitles. If you just have a vob file you must extract the subtitles first.

And yep you can hardcode in megui also with help of avisynth and subtitle filter. But I havent tried it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was just going to download subtitle tracks from net and use those. I just did a test run with megui. The track wasn't hard-coded it was still an option in the vlc menu, a track that I could just turn on and off. So basically it's just the automatic option. Like putting in a dvd and it haven't a subtitle track that only includes a small section of the movie in a foreign language on automatically. If it works like this when I use mkv2vob and play a movie on my ps3, than I'll be a happy chappy.
    I think it may be best if I rip the subtitle straight from the vob, what's the best way to do with. I tried some programs once. But I don't want to sit there and "teach" the program what each character is.
    Thanx for your help so far.

edit: just tried it on my ps3 and it didn't work. no subs came up automatically and i couldn't even select subs. it just said no subtitles available. I guess I'll have to find a way to burn them into the image.
    Quote Quote