VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been waiting a very, very long time for VideoReDo to release the new version so I could (frame accurate) edit my HauppaugeHD-PVR 1212 captures. There is now a pre-release (but post-beta) version available from this thread.

In my limited tests since it was released (today), it seems to work fine.

It appears they don't have any current plans to add h264 support to the Plus version, so you have to use the TVSuite version. There is a 15 day free trial you can use for your own testing (that's what I used for my first 3 tests). I've since bought the upgrade from Plus v2 for $46.99.

As a owner of the new version, it would definitely be in my best interests for as many people as possible to check it over for any problems, while they're still actively working on resolving issues...and for anyone else with a backlog of unedited hd-pvr material, it might be something you would be interested in.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tested it for an hour with footage from my two AVCHD camcorders and it doesn't work. The combine and join functions don't work well, and it hangs all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sebaz,

That's unfortunate, because it works flawlessly with hd-pvr material (which is what I really bought it for).

Just out of curiosity, what cameras produced the material you were experimenting with? The reason I ask is because I went back through your earlier posts, and the only model you gave was a hf-100 (in a post back in September). I found some sample footage on this page from a hf-100, and those samples worked fine in the software. I tried cutting them, combining them, and joining them, but didn't have any problems.

It isn't like it really matters, but since I already own the software, I'd like it to be as broadly usable as possible...and now is the time to report any problems to the authors of the software.
    Quote Quote