VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I used to download movies from hulu but recently I discovered that I can't.
    Anyone knows why? It's a pity I can't get my favorite shows from hulu anymore especially when I miss an episode.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think Hulu ever allowed downloading of anything, so I find your post that you used to be able to do it to be very surprising. I don't go on Hulu much, but I've never seen it allow any TV shows to be downloaded at all. At least not any that I've wanted to see.

Typically the response to this is to do real time streaming media capturing with something like Replay Media Catcher. Hulu uses DRM on their files, so downloading won't do you any good if you can't watch it when you want to.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, there wasn't a button for downloading near the show, but I used to download with the software I'm downloading youtube videos, but for about 3 months, don't know exactly, cannot download them anymore.
    Thanks for your suggestion and I'll give it a try this weekend. Thank you a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I understand what you were doing now. I am still amazed that it worked at all. Hulu is so heavily DRMed that I didn't think it was even possible to download anything, ever, or if you did it to get it to play later. Whatever worked for you in the past won't work again for sure, so use something like Replay Media Catcher. It sucks to have to record this way, but that's how it is with DRM.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Replay media catcher wont work. Hulu put a stop to it and rmc will no longer get any updates to break hulus drm. You'll need a screen recording software like replay video capture.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, you could also try with tunebite, because it can record hulu shows by screen capturing. Here is a nice tutorial about capturing videos from hulu: http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/hulu.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, thank you so much for helping me. I tried all the 3 softs you recommended to me. Of course the demo version of each.
    Indeed, replay media catcher didn't work to get anything from hulu, the other two, replay video capture and Tunebite worked well, too bad they had limitations for capturing video streaming from hulu. Still, I have to decide which one should I get, at replay video capture didn't like the fact that it's too complex and I have to make many adjustments.
    There are adjustments to do in Tunebite also but not so many and I think that it's much easier to use and also it has many more useful features than RVC. I didn't buy any of them until now, but I guess I'll get Tunebite for its functions, it downloads videos from all the video sites, movies from streaming online movies sites and converts all the formats I need. There is also a free version which has no limitation for downloading videos and converting files which btw have a good quality after conversion. Of course I won't use this free version because I need mainly a soft for capturing hulu's shows but if there are also those features, I'll definitely get it.
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for letting us know your experiences with those options. It will probably help others in the future who may read this. And thanks to Lowerboy and freebird73717 for suggesting media recording options that do work with Hulu, unlike my suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    hi,
    ok, I bought the full version of tunebite..... Some problems occurred in the first beginning... I have some troubles with my drivers, it seemed.
    Of course didn't know what it was happening and I sent an email to support. I was pretty impressed because they answered to my email quite fast.
    Btw, I solved that somehow, they sent me some adjustments to do at my drivers, I had to repair my installation drivers and restart the program and worked. Still, I was scared cause I paid some money and I said to myself if I have problems with it from the very beginning I'll kick my head up....
    Anyway, now it works very good, I have already captured some hulu shows and downloaded some youtube videos, very good quality. Also converted some videos to 3gp for my phone...
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just received this from Hulu.

Brad, May-05 15:03 (PDT): Hi ,

Thanks for writing back. I apologize, but I must have misunderstood you earlier. Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, Hulu currently does not buffer more than a small portion of the videos you find on Hulu.com. We do not support downloads for the same reason, though we are always looking to expand in more avenues of distribution to service our users in the best way.
    As a service to our users, we offer purchasing information for many of the videos available on Hulu, most often from Amazon.com or iTunes. When you reach the end of a video, you should find info on how to purchase it (either DVD or electronic download) in the player. If no information is displayed, it's possible that the video you're watching isn't currently available for purchase.
    Long story short, we do not support downloading movies or shows off our site. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Happy viewing!

Thanks,
    Brad
    Hulu Support
    Quote Quote  
  11. So you set Hulu an email asking why you can't steal their videos anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    May as well, it couldn't be used for weeks anyway. It seems as if there forcing their pay service on viewers if you want to watch it
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    So you set Hulu an email asking why you can't steal their videos anymore?

I wanted to know if it was me, my computer, ISP, or Hulu blocking someway.
    Quote Quote  
  14. You didn't think this clause in their TOS was a hint?

You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by Hulu in writing.
    http://www.hulu.com/terms
    Quote Quote