VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys,

At work we have presentations where someone shares their desktop and 30 or so of us watch remotely. At the same time we are also in a conference call while the person describes what they are showing us.

I need to be able to record video from my desktop, and audio from the phone call, at the same time, and have the audio and video sync'd in one file so we can review later.

Any suggestions as to the easiest way?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. How are they "sharing" the desktop? We use Adobe Connect Pro, which has an integrated phone option, so Adobe does the syncing for us.

Otherwise, this can be very complicated to capture each then sync in post production.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm I was hoping for something simple (cheap), like buying a phone recording microphone (they are about $20) plugged into the computer's microphone jack then just using FRAPS.

Not sure how I get the audio from the microphone to be picked up by fraps though. Although I see all these kids on youtube recording their desktop while they voiceover... can't be that hard, can it?

Anyone tried something like this before? Mic jack + Fraps?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Camtasia (not free), and I think camstudio (free) can record the screen and mic input
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We use Dimdim for lessons which can be played back later and is far cheaper than adobe's connect pro

poisondeathray's second option is pretty easy ... only problem will be the length of the period needed to be recorded ... all you need is a glitch at any point and you may as well start all over
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Camtasia is a great tool for screen recording. Except Camtasia, you can also have a try at this screen recorder - Demo Creator.

It enables you to record desktop acitivity with audio, and also have the audio and video sync'd.
    Quote Quote