VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've ripped a DVD to a VOB file that plays perfectly in VLC, converted that with VOB2MPG to an MPG file that plays fine in VLC, and then imported that MPG as a timeline into Encore. However, in Encore, there's no audio. This problem is also present when opening the MPG in Screenblast Movie Studio. The mp3 file I've selected for the menu music plays fine in Encore, so the problem's not there.

How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody? Is there not a way I can get the audio out and import it separately or something?
    Quote Quote  
  4. What source files you have?
    Do you still have source DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. To import from DVD to Encore:
    1) Import DVD title to TMPGEnc MPEG Editor
    2) Select in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor to save audio as WAV file
    3) Save in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor mpeg file as demultiplexed/splitted video and audio streams
    4) Import 2 files, video and audio files to Encore
    Quote Quote  
  7. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Running the MPGs through that worked. It was halfway through building the project (or so, I started it and went to bed) and popped up an error saying the video in the main timeline was the wrong aspect ratio for DVD. This seems a little bizarre, since it's unchanged from its original format on a DVD.

I've looked at it, and it's 352x576, but when I play it in VLC it looks identical to a 720x576 file I have.

How do I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Play this specific title/clip on source DVD and check in PowerDVD property of video:
    Quote Quote  
  9. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's 352x576 there, too, which is bizarre to say the least.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by koberulz
    It's 352x576 there, too, which is bizarre to say the least.
    So you need encode clip to 720x576 PAL and import to Encore.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What's the best way to do that? I've still got the disc, VOB, MPG, and m2v files.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't know best way to do but I using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and its not free
    Check for freeware video encoders from tools list: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders
    Not all encoders encode from DVD/mpeg to mpeg
    Quote Quote  
  13. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I used AviSynth to resize the m2v, and put the avs through TMPGEnc. It's now built successfully, but the video looks like shit. It's blocky, not unlike a Youtube video. It looks a lot better on the original disc.
    Quote Quote  
  14. You don't need use AviSynth to resize.
    Download, install and encode with Tmpgenc Plus
    Quote Quote  
  15. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The problem appears to be with Encore, not the conversion; the m2v files themselves look fine. It's just the finished ISO file that looks like crap, and it's actually worse on one of the clips that was the right size to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
  16. The Encore set to encode video file in project?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You mean transcode?

It appears to have transcoded two of the three clips, one of which looks horrid and one of which actually looks fair, though it's not all that long and involved. It is not, however, required to transcode the third, which also looks fugly.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes transcode.
    The size of mpeg files to big for DVD
    or mpeg files not compatible with Encore are set to transcode.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How could an m2v file not be compatible with Encore?

I'm not sure it's relevant at any rate as the one non-transcoded file also looks ugly, though the original source before the DVD I have is a VHS tape from 1989, so it's a little harder to spot, but it does look a lot worse than the original.
    Quote Quote  
  20. What length in time of all clips in Encore?
    Did you check finished ISO in PowerDVD?
    In finished ISO DVD the audio converted to Dolby digital AC3? (check in PowerDVD property of audio)

What happens if you open new project in Encore witn only 1 clip without any menu,
    you have same result in final ISO?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    115m and 4m for the screwy files, 27s for the decent file (though again, if there was much more happening the problem may have made itself evident there as well).
    Yes.
    It says it's Dolby Digital, it doesn't specify beyond that.

I tried building an ISO with just the one video file (the 4m file), and the first thing it pulled up was 'transcoding' when I built it, despite it saying 'don't transcode' in the list of files in the project. Not sure if that's normal or not. It's just as blocky as the ISO of the full project.

I've also tried the m2v file I used for the single-file ISO in PowerDVD, it looks fine.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Only for test purpose try encode 4min. clip from source DVD to m2v with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress trial version
    Did you have same result?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What good will that do? I've got a perfectly functional m2v file here, Encore's just botching it somehow.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by koberulz
    What good will that do? I've got a perfectly functional m2v file here, Encore's just botching it somehow.
    If video file encoded with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress will play correct
    So m2v file you make before not correct for Encore.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get TMPGEnc XPress to run, but I did somehow manage to get Encore to display video in the monitor, which it couldn't do before, and the video quality looked just as bad as on the finished ISO. I deleted the timeline and m2v, reimported the m2v and remade the timeline, and it still looks like crap (in both the full DVD and test projects).

Seems it's getting damaged as part of the importing process.
    Quote Quote  
  26. All evidence points that m2v file not 100% correct
    despite its perfectly playing in player or you can perfectly build DVD on other program.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I put the MPG into Encore just to see how it'd handle that, and it looked even worse; even corrupted. Again, plays fine in VLC.

Encore doesn't handle VOBs, so I don't know if the error originated with the rip or with VOB2MPG.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So TMPGEnc stopped hating me, and I re-ripped everything to new m2v and ac3 files. However, the main timeline now has a black border all the way around it, rather than filling the whole screen (this problem is not present when watching the m2v file in VLC), and when I attempt to watch the ISO in PowerDVD, it switches to File Mode and runs the menu with none of the buttons active, rather than running the pre-menu timeline and then going to a menu that actually does something other than loop shitty music. I set the menu as first play, just to see if there was a problem with the pre-menu timeline, but got the same result.

This thing is really starting to get my goat.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas how to get this to work?
    Quote Quote  
  30. What problem you have so far?
    Quote Quote