VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am a third time poster. I would very much like to author a Blu-ray disk with menu controls (like a DVD). However I only have SONY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9. I can author a Blu-ray disk with the software but it has no menu controls. I was wondering if there is a peice of software that can be used just for that purpose? (fairly cheaply!) I also have Works 4 but it wont recognise the rendered SONY file to import it. Any steer would be appreciated, cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by EagleW
    I also have Works 4 but it wont recognise the rendered SONY file to import it.
    What format is the SONY file rendered to, tmpgenc authoring works 4 only supports MPEG2.

Vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use multiavchd to author blu-ray with menus.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many tanks to 'vcd4ever' when I read your reply the mention that Works 4 only accepted MPEG2 jogged my memory.
    I checked my 'render as' setting and changed it to 'Main Concept MPEG2' encoding and thats fixed my problem. Now Works 4 recognises the rendered file, and the fulley edited 'SONY movie studio platinum' movie can be authored with menus in Works 4. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your files are avchd to begin with then use multiavchd to author the files cause it wont re-encode them and you keep the original quality.Rendering the files to mpeg2 will lose quality.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your input, however my footage was HDV and as a result was an m2t file. Should have mentioned that earlier, sorry.
    Quote Quote